ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pic of my Cup I didn’t want to see Part 2

silver valver/hybrid

feck em, dont pay, i think it is rediculous as most police forces dont even bat an eylid at people doing 85 on a 70 limit. Ive known people who have been done at nearly the ton and even the coppers have said if they were doing 90 or below they wouldnt have even stopped them, depends on the coppers i suppose.

Lee

BMW M2C

Oh well, at least you knew it was coming. I wish Id asked for the picture of mine.

Id fight it though for a change. Over 14 days for an NIP makes it void.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

Why dont you try this : -

Sorry officer, its a fault with the car, its stuck on 81mph! Renault are looking at it next week. LOL.

Sorry to hear about that mate.

Yes, stick to your guns mate! If this did not arrive within 16 days of the offence then it is like somebody said void! Try and speak to a copper and ask them how to go about what to do!

81 in a 70! What! Its very harsh that is (putting it nicely)

good luck

Willy2

where was this? was the van marked up? or visable? is this force in a partnership?

If the van was not marked up or not visable and the Police force is in a partnership scheme, then you have grounds to fight it!

thats really sh*t m8,i wish id told em where to stick my fine,cost em more to take you to court,even if you pay,if everyone did this when they were caught the admin system would collapse!!!

yes catch speeding people,outside schools at 3 pm,pillocks driving in rush hour traffic weaving about etc,fking lorries racing each other uphill for 12 miles.but they dont,no they sit on a bloody summers evening on a stretch of motorway with the sharpest bend and catch u doing 80 on a motorway with no other cars!!.

they say they do it because of the deaths,why then are people still being mugged/murdered/raped in greater numbers than ever and we see no police on our streets!!,because there all sat in there cars hiding behind bus shelters waiting to catch someone doing 35 in a 30 at midnight,and because we pay up,catch a mugger and you have to end up paying them for the trauma of being arrested.

MEGANE

GOT done 91 mph in a micra loan car, in hazzard county(south wales)£60 three points, just love the welsh pigs!!!!

Thats really harsh. When i do 70mph on motorways it seems like everyone else is pushing me or people in other lanes look like their going double my speed. None of them ever get cought !

this Might make you feel a bit better, that top photo of ur car is an unbelievable photo, makes the car look really good, hehehe :p

sorry though mate to hear about ur bad luck, i know i been flashed enough times before, but so far, touch wood, nuthin has come thru

Matt

172 Cup

Cheers for all of the support guys. I will let you know how I get on when/if it goes to court.

Quote: Originally posted by andrewm on 15 August 2003

Cant even read your plate on the second one.
If this is true and you cant read it on the original, perhaps you should point out that its only *unmodified* photos that can be used as evidence, therefore this must be disregarded as being unreadable?

Perhaps?

Good luck whatever. Just remember - dont sign *anything*... ;)

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by White16valver on 16 August 2003

Quote: Originally posted by andrewm on 15 August 2003

Cant even read your plate on the second one.
If this is true and you cant read it on the original, perhaps you should point out that its only *unmodified* photos that can be used as evidence, therefore this must be disregarded as being unreadable?

Perhaps?

Good luck whatever. Just remember - dont sign *anything*... ;)

They have supplied a series of photos, only 2 have the speed printed on them and the others are close ups showing the number plate more clearly.

South Wales is far better than most areas for speed cameras etc.

You can usually see them, or the Police car - and theyre always clearly marked. Theres one particular red van that sits on top of clear M4 bridges with a huge camera sign painted on it and has "THINK! KILL YOUR SPEED" and "MOBILE SPEED CAMERA" written in huge letters over it. I think thats pretty fair! If people dont notice that then what will people notice?!

The really sneaky ones are on the M6 where theyre these little cameras with tiny yellow backings to them and no markings on the road. None of that nonsense in South Wales!

172 Cup

"South Wales is far better than most areas for speed cameras etc. "

What a load of crap! Wales police force make the most money from speeding motorists in the country and have the worst record in the country for catching criminals.

"You can usually see them, or the Police car - and theyre always clearly marked."

Not in my case. I dont call a plain white van "clearly marked" do you?

"and no markings on the road. None of that nonsense in South Wales! "

I dont see any roads markings in my photos!

Just going on experience mate: Ive spent four years in Bristol and am now back in Cardiff and I still think I get an easier time of it here. Bristol is full of hidden cameras and Ive had an odd experience with Avon & Somerset Police (another tale). So far, so good back home (touch wood!).

Im sorry to hear that youve been done for speeding (twice!) and I should have made it more clear with regard to lines and cameras - I didnt mean that only those M6 cameras come without white lines. As a separate issue though, I do see lots of white "squares" on the M4 in Gwent, where the mobile units often focus their meters. Perhaps its worth investing in a Snooper or similar. I was travelling with my mate who has one of these and it was bleeping like crazy in places Id never have thought to be aware of cameras (also gets interference though).

172 Cup

Considered buying a decent Snooper or Bell but at the moment I cant justify the costs. Maybe one day in the near future tho.

Cameras etc on motorways are dangerous in my opinion. They cause people to brake sharply. The other day there was a copper at the side of the road and this car beside me slammed on the brakes down to about 60 in the fast lane.

oh i love it when the your doing 75 in rush hour traffic and the pillock in front emergency stops coz thers a police car on the hard shoulder!

traffic backs up for miles,think oh balls thers been an accident ,,,nope police car!!,do they do it on purpose at rush hour when u are lucky to get over 40 mph.

The Jinx

The police do it on purpose? What, so its their fault numpties slow down to ridiculous speeds when they see one?

I just cruise past at no less than 80, usually with everyone else sat in the middle lane staring at me.

If the NIP is not issued to you witin 1 month the offence becomes invalid.

all intensions to prosucute from speed cameras must be issued in 28days or its not vaild.