ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pic of my new install, halfway there

everythings in just need to sand down the fiberglass and trim everything.

URL]

Hey Hey! I can see some Fidgi trim!!!

Kicker Impulses - top choice of subs mate - I got 2x10"s and a 12" Impulses!

Will look well nice when its finished i reckon!

cheers
those are 15s and boy do they drop hehe
gonna go get it db tested today so ill let ya know.

not sure how im gonna finish it yet, possibly some mad fiberglass cover, ot maybe just borinh vinyl trim which will look nice but i want sometihng abit mad.

and yes its nasty fidgi trim lol, the only thing about the car i dont like

had it db tested the other day and hit 132.3Db

hew said it would be 135 if i got a small leak in the sub box sorted so im happy with that.

it dont sound much but its a 400w amp runnin TWO 15s when i need more than that runnin a single one let alone 2.

looking good mate. two 15s in the boot is a great effort, two questions 1) does it weigh down the car much? and 2) what size boxs have you used?

and also will you be at the south end meet on the 14th of sept?

I know thats 3 questions but thats just the way it goes somtimes.

Luke

1) does it weigh down the car much?
yes i would say it does, i went for half in ch mdf as opposed to the 3 quater inch stuff to save a bit of weight, used fiberglass inside and out to strenghten the box tho so it doesnt fles as the 15s do kick hard. i had to take the install out to move some stuff and i drove the car without the amps, subs and boxes in and it did accelerate faster, i would say the kit weighs about the same as a small passenger at a guess. its only a 1.4 so im not to bothered about it moving quickly as its never gonna happen lol

2) what size boxs have you used?

the kickers need anything between 1.8 and 2.7 cubic feet of box space. mine come in at about 2.1 i messed about for ages with enclosure design programs to find the largest enclosure space but from a box that isnt boring and plain. this set up was the comprise i found.

3) also will you be at the south end meet on the 14th of sept?

never met anyone from cliosport yet so would be nice to come down and say hello to a few people. hope to make it down yes, im usually in southend most sat nights anyway.