ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pic request - Eibach sportlines with 15" wheels

Discounted 1*2 parts
Done a search but could only find one picture with a 182 on 2118's. However it looked a lot lower than just Sportlines.

Anyone else help out?

Discounted 1*2 parts
Get dannys spax :D heard you bumped into Lauren, she said you were gonna come Bedford!

Have been eyeing them up but not sure I want to spend £700+ on some coilovers. Zoe's coilovers are pretty harsh so I'm thinking sportlines will be ok for B road driving and the odd track day.

Yes I am hoping to go Bedford if it still available come pay day!

Here's my 172 Cup. This was taken just after dropping it down off the jack do may settle slightly lower.
S1053527.jpg

S1053525.jpg

I'd like it a touch lower tbh, but it drives excellently like this.

Here's my 172 Cup. This was taken just after dropping it down off the jack so may settle slightly lower.
S1053527.jpg

S1053525.jpg

I'd like it a touch lower tbh, but it drives excellently like this.

Black Gold 182
I'm thinking of getting some sportlines too. Probably a stupid question, but would I need the tracking (wheel alignment) done once they are fitted?

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182
Doesn't look toooo bad, til you see one on coilovers. The ride and handling are good, very good if you add a rear ARB.

SDC10578.jpg

Look better when used in anger!

renault-brands-2011-481.jpg

Discounted 1*2 parts
I'm thinking of getting some sportlines too. Probably a stupid question, but would I need the tracking (wheel alignment) done once they are fitted?

I don't think it is vital as you are only changing the springs and the ride height by approx 30mm. However I will be getting a 4 wheel alignment afterwards to optimise the setup

Doesn't look toooo bad, til you see one on coilovers. The ride and handling are good, very good if you add a rear ARB.

Look better when used in anger!

Thanks for that, I have TD 1.2's as well so gives me a good idea

A whiteline ARB is also on the cards as have heard very good things

PB Clio 172
i have to say that i dont think any RS looks right on 15's ! Far too small and if they put 16" from standard it was for a reason !

260% JCW
i have to say that i dont think any RS looks right on 15's ! Far too small and if they put 16" from standard it was for a reason !

I Don't think it makes a massive difference other than with the cost of tyres. Although i think the car feels slightly quicker with a 15" on.

If the site i used is correct the rolling radius of a 15" wheel is 1697mm where as a 16" is 1715mm.....feck all.

Discounted 1*2 parts

I think you're right about 16's looking better but I'm after 'go' and not 'show'

I Don't think it makes a massive difference other than with the cost of tyres. Although i think the car feels slightly quicker with a 15" on.

If the site i used is correct the rolling radius of a 15" wheel is 1697mm where as a 16" is 1715mm.....feck all.

Not a massive difference in rolling radius but quite a lot of unsprung weight to be saved and tyres cost on average £50-60 rather than £100-£120

Especially after you factor in the the tyre. I use 50 profile on my tyres, compare that to the usual 45 on a 16 inch tyre, and the difference will be even less I would imagine.

I just prefer the look of a 15inch wheel.

Disastra Coupe

You'd be surprised. I remember my Saxo handling a shed load better on it's 14s rather than the 15s. 15s on made it skittish compared to the 14s as the tyre's on the 14s would soak any small bumps up etc.