ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Picked up a mk4!?

RB 182 FF
Decided to move on from my 182 to the MK4 Clio RS?I’m new to the whole automatic gearbox and I can safely say I love it! Handling is second to none??

Cup chassis
Lowered on H&R springs
Turbo back exhaust
(RS TUNING - 236 BHP/275Ftlbs)

BA28F4B0-6446-4CB4-BC80-6962C43D9A2C.jpeg8AAEE016-D66D-4F3E-9650-3B7A2F1A22B5.jpeg6E6FFD31-C644-45A8-A8FA-F13808101235.jpeg

Last edited:

joe hk&uk

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
hi mate, looks lovely and good choice on colour too!
I am curious on the aspect of handling how much better complairing with 182 cup?

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Great car, just unsure on the torque figure with just a map. Do you have a hybrid and intercooler fitted?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I still really fancy one of these for a couple of years until the MK4 Meganes come down in price..

I'm just worried a mapped one isn't going to be as quick as the mapped megane I have now.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I still really fancy one of these for a couple of years until the MK4 Meganes come down in price..

I'm just worried a mapped one isn't going to be as quick as the mapped megane I have now.

If you were at Blyton I would have been more than happy to have taken you out in my old mapped 220. It might be close, what helps the Clio is having the EDC gearbox with the quick, effortless and seamless gear changes.

What Mk Megane do you own, the one in your profile photo?

If you do choose one, I absolutely recommend the 220 over the 200.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Yeah it's a MK2 around 265bhp.

I know a 220 is the better choice but this next car would/could be a stop gap, I need a 5 door car with another nipper on the way, the Megane is 'juuuust' about ok with one on the school run but I find myself driving the wife's MK4 more that this these days...

I think I've said this before to you actually! :) but when you can get a 200 for 8k, and a 220 is 16k I could 100% never justify the difference!

RB 182 FF
hi mate, looks lovely and good choice on colour too!
I am curious on the aspect of handling how much better complairing with 182 cup?

Cheers mate! My steering in the 182 was a little stiff, comparing it to the mk4 it’s just next level, really light and very direct when throwing it into corners etc

RB 182 FF
Great car, just unsure on the torque figure with just a map. Do you have a hybrid and intercooler fitted?

As far as I’m aware I don’t think so, the past two owners of the car have both quoted me those figures, I’ll get it on a rolling road at some point to 100% confirm so I’ve got my own printout

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
As far as I’m aware I don’t think so, the past two owners of the car have both quoted me those figures, I’ll get it on a rolling road at some point to 100% confirm so I’ve got my own printout
OK, that torque can only be hit by having a hybrid fitted. 280 is the limit found on the stock clutch with a hybrid, I believe only 2 people are running them and know them both. With a map the 200 tends to hit 240ish torque, the 220 nigh on 260. Usually the modded power route is a map with induction first, then a FMIC or all of above in one money permitting.

The 220 has a better turbo and induction inlet, the 200 is more restrictive.