ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Picked up my new 172 Cup..!

Clio 172 Cup
So a couple of weeks ago I picked up a very nice little 172 cup from a member on here, Pearce.
Enjoying being back in a Cup again after about 6 years since I had my last one.
Just after I got it I went out with a friend one evening who does some light painting phtography and we took a couple of pictures of the car, still on its old plate at the time! Enjoy the pictures...! Quick question, am I allowed to put up the details of my friend if other members would like their cars doing?

11025270_798992026836128_9089527134079777771_o_zpsons7s5dn.jpg

10982763_798986223503375_35326195224672643_o_zpshtlhjkkj.jpg

Mini GP2
Nice example this one, enjoy it. Not a fan of the style of pics though, a bit "fake" for my liking.

2005 Clio 182
Could your friend provide details of exposure times and f ratings etc? I would love to photograph my iceberg 182 in a similar fashion now its had a good polish.

Could your friend provide details of exposure times and f ratings etc? I would love to photograph my iceberg 182 in a similar fashion now its had a good polish.
I did this on a long exposure while the photo was taking I walked to the car with my phone torch lighting up the car.
Keep light pointing away from the camera otherwise you have lines like on the right hand side.
0542b2b560f917ec98b848b351a15360.jpg

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Car looks nice enough, not a fan of the pics. Have you got any 'normal' ones

LOL @ fake.

Use your imagination... it'll look like that, but the background is lighter if it's taken in the daytime... It also looks like a fairly standard Cup ;) Google some images and you're pretty much there.

@Cuplica .. assuming you've got a camera... get involved in the Photography section ;) I'd start with as wide as you get on the lens, ISO 200, f/8, 2-second timer and a 30 second exposure. If the pic is too dark, open the aperture or increase the exposure - if it's too light, shorten the exposure.

Oh and for the love of Dog, learn about white balance if you don't already know what you're doing .. (read the stickies in the 'tog section).

@ the OP - car looks great. Keep it shiny side up ! :cool:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
You know its the model that always eludes me as how it looks.

Will google some images now

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
You know its the model that always eludes me as how it looks.

Will google some images now

I think the problem with images like this, is that's not how you and I see the thing in 'real life' ..

My friend did some photos of his sisters [no...] car and I was there with him.

10393567_10155013773250051_5031546516710782728_n.jpg

It looks cool as fek, but that's about 5 shots blended together and it's just not how we see it. I think that's the problem anyway.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
/\/\ That one looks very fake, the others look much better in comparison.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
I think the Pics look really good. Quite different. Wish I could take shots like that :smile: good work!!