ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pictures of your car on Apex Springs

Titanium 182
They look pretty good on Apex springs tbh :) you hear mixed things on the quality of the ride, but if people are picking them up for under £100 I might give them a go!

A Flamin' Red one
They drop 40mm. That's the lowest an RS will go before the coilover stage. I may have mine up for sale shortly as coilovers are on the cards.

yoo im new to this forum and was thinking about lowering my clio 60mm all round on the ktr (yellow) springs without changing the shocks to start of with...does that sound ok?i wanna know if people who have lowered theirs 60mm and havnt changed their shocks to tell me whether its a good idea?
thanks

It depends what model you have. You can't take an RS clio any lower than 40mm without coilies.

If its a non-rs then just do it, I've done it on standard shocks and it's fine.

ClioSport 172 FF
all those pictures are mint! i was going to save up for coilovers but not now after seeing them! seriously looking at apex now and quickly lol :D

hey, all this talk on apex 40mm springs, whih apex springs are we talking about specificly need info on them and wer i can pick some up for cheap as id like to lower mine on standrad shocks using the apex 40 mm springs?

do u mean these ones? because the whole kit is abit pricey and there not evan coilies

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1791

please pm or reply if u could, thanks :D

A Flamin' Red one
Blast from the past is this thread!

It boils down to this:

If you want your car low without the cost of coilovers, buy Apex.
If you want your car to ride better buy Sportline/Proline

Sure, Apex springs aren't the comfiest but then nothing is going to be as comfortable as standard spring. You have to ask why you'd bother with Sportlines/Prolines if you're not planning on getting the most out of them...

I've had them fitted for a while now and personally (and at the end of the day it is personal preference) I'm quite happy with my Apex springs but then I like a slightly harsher ride. Plus, they don't make the car look too shabby ;)

DPP_0005.jpg

PH1 iceburg
How many times is the apex arguement going to happen.

I liked mine, coilovers now though hehe

A Flamin' Red one
Search for threads by me. What you're after was one of the first threads I started upon becoming a member on here.

LY R26
hey, all this talk on apex 40mm springs, whih apex springs are we talking about specificly need info on them and wer i can pick some up for cheap as id like to lower mine on standrad shocks using the apex 40 mm springs?

do u mean these ones? because the whole kit is abit pricey and there not evan coilies

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1791

please pm or reply if u could, thanks :D

thats the full shocks n springs kit, if u want just springs i got mine for £85 from motorsportsworld.co.uk.

clio 1.2
hi i was just wondering if any one has lowwered on pi springs and are they any good also what is the drop like is it more like the apex springs.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Thread back from the dead.. random to bring it up rather than start a new one! Its not more than Apex springs on a 1*2, no idea for a 1.2 though.

Passat 170 DSG Wagon
I had eibach on my 182 and have Apex on my 172 and can't tell the difference at all. Both are fine and comfortable if you ask me.

WR1 impreza
hi i was just wondering if any one has lowwered on pi springs and are they any good also what is the drop like is it more like the apex springs.

I had my first 182 lowered on Pi springs at Hill power bck in 2004 and my current one is on Apex. Very similar from what i can remember in both ride and height

ph2 172
i have Apex on my 172 and find the ride rather harsh and can even feel the white lines coming through the car. But have to say it depends on what sort of roads you drive on as to how harsh they feel. I drive on some poorly maintained roads and it feels like im running down a railway line with no rails. Also have to say that some corners that are not smooth then the car feels dangerous and gets thrown across the otherside as there seems to be no give in the Apex springs and the shocks cant take it.
I have been looking at changing to Eibach but cant decide which to go for. there is seems to be alot of confusion as to which gives the better ride. pro or sports?
It would be nice to get a set of each and try them out against my Apex on my roads and then i would be sure as to what is what.