ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Piece of sh1t 182 wont start!!!!!

09 GIXXER 750!!!
Now I love driving my 182 dont get me wrong but my non starting probelm is pissing me off.:mad:

This morning already running late for work and the car wont start!!

I turn the key and it turns over but does not start. Lock the car and I get 4 beeps from the alarm. I try this several times and the alarm always beeps 4 times????????

People suggested the coil pack so I changed it. Which now appears to be a waste of money.

Anyone got any I deas before I book it into Renault at 95 quid an hour as my local garages cant find a problem!!!

Renaults the most unrealiable cars out there by far!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

09 GIXXER 750!!!
Just when you look at this forum and others for renaults the ammount of faults on them seems very high!!!! also other polls show them to be !!!! Guess im unlucky!!

Black 197
Just when you look at this forum and others for renaults the ammount of faults on them seems very high!!!! also other polls show them to be !!!! Guess im unlucky!!

Its a car at the end of the day lol

I know what you mean though. My 182 is on 40k now and since i've had it ive had

1. New engine 20k - Cambelt snapped
2. suspension replaced due to knocking noise
3. top shock mounts replaced
4. New coil packs
5. New HT Leads
6. New Catalytic Converter

List goes on but you get the idea, Still after all the niggles i still love my 182 and i will be keeping her for some time, i think its defo hit or miss with some renault cars but you still got to love em

Sounds like a TDC sensor prob but id check to see if its had a new 1 on before or not (can tell by the join in the wires)

09 GIXXER 750!!!
Sounds like a TDC sensor prob but id check to see if its had a new 1 on before or not (can tell by the join in the wires)

Where is the TDC sensor. Sorry not replaced one beofre. When you say "join in the wires what do you means. Thanks for the response?

How much is a new one?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yeah i'd try TDC sensor. But mine used to work if you turned ignition on, tried to start but it failed, turn ignition off withough removing key then turning it over again, always started then.

Clio 182
If its turning over and not starting it also sounds like it could be an immobilser problem..........

arctic 182 ff
As above either an immobilizer fault or tdc sensor,do you have 2 keys? just as a daft 1 and wont cost nowt try your spare key in the morning,failing that may be worth getting fault codes read.

09 GIXXER 750!!!
My fault code was read by the AA a couple of weeks back and it said crank sensor which I believe is the same as TDC sensor???

09 GIXXER 750!!!
Hi, problem solved thanks for the advice. Went and got a new TDC sensor and loom which cost £50 from Renault. Took out the airbox to get to the TDC sensor which is mounted on the gearbox. Replaced everything although it is a little fiddly connecting the new loom as there is not much wire to play with!! Now the 182 is firing up fine!!! started and stopped it loads and all is well.

Renault wanted £75 to diagnose the problem then parts and at least an hours labour so was probably looking at close to £300. THIS FORUM IS AWESOME thanks....

09 GIXXER 750!!!
yup, bet they had a few of them in stock :)

Yep they did!!! The sensor was 22 quid and then the charge 28 quid for two bits of wire and a plug that cost them 20p to put together but call it a wiring loom to make it sound more expensive!!!!!!

Skoda Fabia vRS
id have said TDC straight away, however i have a better insight than most with faults lol, working @ Renault

09 GIXXER 750!!!
Also would the pollen filter stop it blown cold ie if it had not been cahnge for ages. Not sure when it was last done as my service history was stolen!

Just when you look at this forum and others for renaults the ammount of faults on them seems very high!!!! also other polls show them to be !!!!

Prob cos that's where people go to find info. People are far less likely to start "my car's running fine" threads :p

Glad to hear it's fixed though!