ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pigeon poop!!

Was unfortunate enough to have my car bombarded by some local wood pigeons... think it happened during the night and I only noticed it the following evening.... anyway, hosed it off and thought nothing of it..... However, I washed my car at the weekend only to notice that where the poop had been, the gloss of the piant has been removed... this is very annoying as it is 3 quite large splats on the roof!! Is this a job for T - Cut technology or is it a trip to the paint shop???? Please help me someone!! :mad:

sh1t happens!

bird poo is one of those things you have to remove quickly or thats wot happens:cry:
cant help mate
sorry

Ford Fiesta

i had it on my dynamique on the roof, about a month after it had been diamond brited, got it off within 6 hour mark left that nothing would budge.

had crap on my 182 so far all come off even though one time It looked to have left a permanent mark, it went away on its own in the sun.

I now try and get it off as soon as i see it.

Pigeon Poop Removal Pack. PPRP. Its the future. Get some intrest going and the PPRP could come with every new Renault motor. Never mind these Accident Management Packs. Who needs them.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

I have a couple of marks that were left by poop that had been only a couple of hours, but they arent that noticable luckily.

A work mate with a Pug 307 took 2 days to get chance to get some poop off and it stripped the laqcuer and cracked the paint leaving the primer showing through :confused:. Respray was the only option.

Peugeot told him that apparently since regulations stopped manufacturers using lead based paints, theyve never been able to get a coat that is very strong against it. No idea if thats true, or a load of rubbish.

Boz

Arctic 182

Polished mine this weekend and noticed the same thing. The silly bint next door has bird tables all over her garden and the b******s keep taking a sh*t on my roof after having a good fill!

Wouldnt shift with polish or tar remover stuff (metalic paint). I think its just a case of keeping the car polished and waxed and washing off the sh*te as soon as you see it.

Might nip round tonight and take a dump on her car roof, see how she likes it!

Same here. After Id had the car for 2 weeks I noticed marks on the roof when I was cleaning the car. There was no poop on there though so I assume this happened before I got the car. I only noticed when polishing & waxing it.

Couldnt believe it... Soon as I replied to this post earlier I looked outside at my motor and guess what. Three big lumps of purple poop on mi shiny 182. Straight out with a bucket and sponge. Dirty little frikkers.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Quote: Originally posted by BozM on 28 September 2004

Might nip round tonight and take a dump on her car roof, see how she likes it!
Dont forget to stuff yourself on berries and blackcurrents first, just for added realism...... and wait till shes just washed it too.... :mad:

Had a look again last night at the damage and reckon the laquer is definitely gone!! Either the pigeons near me eat battery acid and vinegar or im just an unlucky sod!! Shall look into the cost of an air rifle now!!!

Any thoughts on costing to get 3 or 4 patches of non laquered mondial blue sorted??

Why I outta.... Pesky pigeons!!

i had a job done at the body shop and when i took it back to have it re polished they done my bird lime mark for free.

they get some kind of wet and dry sandpaper on it and then polish it loads, scary watching them do it tho.