ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pilot Sport 3's

Clio Sport 182
Just had a new set of PS3's fitted in place of the exaltos that were on when i bought the car and i can't believe the difference. Much more precise steeting, more steering feel without the harsh bumpy feel of every nugget on the road and a lot less tyre noise. I've never owned a car before where new tyres have made such a massive difference. Well worth it!

PB Clio 172
tyres are a can of worms really, some love PS3's some hate them,

I wouldn't have them personally don't think they are worth their bang for your buck

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I've just replaced some PS3's with Evo V12's, I'm fairly impressed so far, seem like a very similar performing tyre for a lot less.

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
Don't last long if your driving still is bandit like me my ad08/a have lasted longer but in winter conditions should be great

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I got some in the garage waiting to go on the front, already have some on front and can't fault them tbh.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I've just replaced some PS3's with Evo V12's, I'm fairly impressed so far, seem like a very similar performing tyre for a lot less.

What size Evo did you go for? Thinking of doing the same to mine.

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
I did the same when they stopped making Exalto's in clio size and imo they're nowhere near the Exalto's lost the cars steering feel. Had to go for solid top mounts and higher loading spec PS3's to even get close to how good things felt with Exalto's. But having said that they're amazing in wet conditions. Goes to show how everyone is different :)

Clio Sport 182
Had an oversteer moment earlier on today on a roundabout. It was completely transparent and enabled me to bring the slide in without thinking, the only front drive car that I've experienced like that is a 306 rallye

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
W rated PS3s are definately better than the lower rated ones.

However I still think PE2 > PS3. But if you're only just changing form PE2 the compound has probably gone off, which is something I've found to happen with Michelins.

Clio Sport 182
W rated PS3s are definately better than the lower rated ones.

However I still think PE2 > PS3. But if you're only just changing form PE2 the compound has probably gone off, which is something I've found to happen with Michelins.
I can only compare to my experience

Tangoed Works
I've used pe2, ps2, ps3 and PSS. The pe2 works well on the Clio as the sidewall is fairly soft. The ps2 and 3 are good but work better on heavier cars. PSS is in another league but smallest size is a 17". Stiff side wall but amazing grip wet / dry and last ages.