ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pings (xbox 360 gaming)

I have recently moved address. I was originally with Sky broadband and my gaming speeds were fine. I had a 40gig allowance with Sky and decided to give o2 broaband a go when I moved house about 2 months ago.

Since getting o2 broadband i've noticed my ping's in games to be a lot lower than what it used to be with Sky.

For instance in COD4, i can only usually get 2 yellow or 3 light green bars. I very rarely get the 4 dark green bars. I can also never host games now on whatever game I play (such as wolfenstein).

559188643.png

The o2 llu is not enabled in my area so I have to go on the package which is like £17 a month for unlimited broaband (supposed to be upto 8MB).

I tried contacting o2 broaband and this was the response I got...

"We are aware of problems with slow speeds and high pings at peak times, and we are currently working on a long term solution to this, this should ease the problems that you have been having and allow you to use the service as you would expect.

I can't give any time frame on when this will be rolled out, but it should be soon and more details will be provided on the O2 Website when it has been implemented."

Any suggestions?

Not much you can do unfortunately, Either need to wait for them to enable llu, or wait for them to upgrade the capacity of their standard service. Pings are high because they have too many people and not enough bandwidth.

Or move ISP.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
How much downloading happens when gaming?
I'm renewing my bb with sky soon and don't know if i'm going to go over all the time.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
My pings similarly high. Having been lumbered with the piss poor sky b/b in the place i'm living at the mo my fps gaming has well & truly been given the kiss of death:dead:

I'd rather saw off one of my testicles than ever consider subscribing to sky b/b in future tbh :headno:

M135i
if your line is stable enough have them turn off interleaving

this is what ive done with talktalk. i'm on fast path now, it's alot better for gaming, not so good for internet use. sometimes i have to reload the page to get it to display.