ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pioneer DEH-P85BT

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
I'm thinking about getting a HU that allows for ipod connectivity, and I've seen the Pioneer DEH-P85BT which looks pretty good.

Does anyone have any experience with these, and are they any good?

To see the product description click here

PH1 172 Sport
I have the Pioneer DEH-P7900UB which is very similar but without the BT and it has a usb connection instead of just an ipod connection which means I can connect a usb harddrive or an ipod to it.

Ive heard the BT built into the pioneers can be a bit ropey but you would have to do a search in google to confirm this.

The headunit is definately the best ive ever owned the sound output is customisable in everyway possible and the sound quality is crisp and clear. The wheel on the front of the unit works brilliantly and makes controlling an ipod so much easier as it works just like the ipod click wheel.

If the bluetooth on it is good i can see it being a brilliant headunit.

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
Nice one, hopefully I'm gonna save up enough and sort the entire sound system out, so this is the start.

I've only got iPod's so I'm good with only being able to connect them to it.

Do you use the hard wired remote input? If you do, is it any good?

think this was the one i was looking at today, the only other one i fancy is the alpine one, that doesnt play cds.. ipod only?

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
think this was the one i was looking at today, the only other one i fancy is the alpine one, that doesnt play cds.. ipod only?

Yeah, I think that I was looking at that too, is it the one with the iPod like display too, showing the album artwork, etc?

yeah thats it.. fancy that one but not sure i can justify £300 for it, when it doesnt play cds..

do you know how well the control works from the pioneer one? i know the alpine one is spot on

PH1 172 Sport

Yeah, I think that I was looking at that too, is it the one with the iPod like display too, showing the album artwork, etc?

I use the standard car remote with an adapter into the back of the headunit. It works very well.

I looked at that alpine unit. There was a reason why i didnt get it but that's escaped me now. Just read some reviews on it. I think it's down on quite a few features that I was after but it might be ok for your needs.

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
Yeah, I think that I'd prefer the ability to play CD's if I wanted to, like if I'd just got a new one or something.

The Pioneer one is looking quite inviting to me though

I looked at that alpine unit. There was a reason why i didnt get it but that's escaped me now. Just read some reviews on it. I think it's down on quite a few features that I was after but it might be ok for your needs.

Do you have it connected to the remote that's already in the Clio (I assume that you have one to the right of the steering wheel like I do)

Lotus Elise 111R
yeah thats it.. fancy that one but not sure i can justify £300 for it, when it doesnt play cds..

do you know how well the control works from the pioneer one? i know the alpine one is spot on

Justin,

I have just sold my Alpine unit you are describing, the IDA-X001, with my clio, as it was all part of the package. However it is such a good unit I am out tomorrow to have one put into the Elise. It is absolutely fantastic, I tried the Pioneer, but for iPod connectivity it does'nt compare. Oh and I know where you can get it for £225 now as well...

Oh, and you will not miss CD's from day 1 !!! In the Lotus the last thing you want is cd's cluttering up the place.

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
I have just sold my Alpine unit you are describing, the IDA-X001, with my clio, as it was all part of the package. However it is such a good unit I am out tomorrow to have one put into the Elise. It is absolutely fantastic, I tried the Pioneer, but for iPod connectivity it does'nt compare. Oh and I know where you can get it for £225 now as well...

Oh, and you will not miss CD's from day 1 !!! In the Lotus the last thing you want is cd's cluttering up the place.

Decided to take a closer look at the IDA-X001 for mine.

Where have you seen it for £225?