ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pioneer Radio problem

S13
I've got a Pioneer AVH-P6600DVD, it all seems to work fine, got it running 2 amps for front speakers and sub and it plays music sounds great etc however there's a bit of a problem when it comes to the radio.

The radio appears to tune in, it finds the station name and frequency, but it doesn't make any sound. Not only is there no sound coming out of the speakers, but nothing's actually happening on the radio itself because the bars in the animations don't move like they do when you play a CD.

It's all plugged in right (well, as far as I know) I've checked it over and over. Anyone had a similar problem and can shed some light on my situation?

I don't think it's an American model, although I'm not sure that makes any difference? I can tune into any station on any frequency, just no sound is heard. :S

Cheers,

Rob.

mk4 golf gttdi180
I've got a Pioneer AVH-P6600DVD, it all seems to work fine, got it running 2 amps for front speakers and sub and it plays music sounds great etc however there's a bit of a problem when it comes to the radio.

The radio appears to tune in, it finds the station name and frequency, but it doesn't make any sound. Not only is there no sound coming out of the speakers, but nothing's actually happening on the radio itself because the bars in the animations don't move like they do when you play a CD.

It's all plugged in right (well, as far as I know) I've checked it over and over. Anyone had a similar problem and can shed some light on my situation?

I don't think it's an American model, although I'm not sure that makes any difference? I can tune into any station on any frequency, just no sound is heard. :S

Cheers,

Rob.

its most likly down to a problem internaly in the radio, i had a similar problem in a sont mask stereo where the tuner had gone so it woul seek and find chanels but not play any sound or get any signal strengh etc.

probably would be more costly to replace part than the stereo itself

best bet buy a new stereo

needs repairing,would be cheaper to get repaired than buy a new one of them!if it has no warranty then do it yourself

S13
My soldering skills aren't exactly award winning, I'll take it in somewhere and get them to have a butchers.

Cheers for the replies fellas, I thought as much but just wanted to make sure it was something elementary I'd forgotten.