ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pipercross Cleaning Instructions

?
Recently got a pipercross viper 2nd hand... found the following instructions to clean it on their website:

The cleaning of a Pipercross air filter should be carried out as below. Failure to do this could result in damage to the air filter or even the vehicle.

1. Remove excess dirt by gently brushing the filter.
  2. Apply cleaning additive (C9003 or C9000) liberally. Massage in with soft brush. Allow to soak for around 5 minutes.
  3. Flush the filter out with warm water from the clean side of the foam to the dirty side.
  4. Allow the filter to dry naturally (do not apply any heat to the filter!!)
  5. Lightly apply dirt retention additive (C9007 or C9001) on the dirty (black) side of the foam.
Steps 2-4 may need to be repeated until the filter is clean. Do not over oil the foam as this will cause a lack of performance.

Can anyone tell me how i get the filter out of the housing? or how i can tell if it needs cleaning?

Ph1
You cant get it out the housing! its glued in.

Answered this exact question the other day on here

Search it ;)

Titanium 182
You cant get it out the housing! its glued in.

Answered this exact question the other day on here

Search it ;)

Never knew it was glued in o_O not the same as my BMC then lol, keep me updated ahmed man want to make sure its ok for you.

?
Im really confused now, think i just have to try and clean it from outside of the housing, ie spray and clean the filter from each end of the viper

Titanium 182
From the instructions I would
Get a small brush then apply the cleaning spray (the c9003 or c9000) then rub it in with the brush then rinse it out let it dry and spray some of the oil spray in (C9007 / C9001)
Sounds easy enough, just do it with the filter in the housing and once you have done it from one side and its all dried do it from the other just for good measure.

Ph1
I think you can turn the foam sort of inside out to gain access for cleaning.

My old one tore and so had to glue part of it and from memory this is how i gained access but yes the material is glued to the carbon housing.

Its not a great build like.

Ph1
All it is is the housing, foam along the inside and at the back a piece of round foam glued to the side bits
2006-09-19006.jpg

2006-09-19011.jpg

mate, may have mis-read your post but you know you are missing the main filter part there yeah? you should not be able to put your hand straight through it!

Ph1
I found it ran better with a hand through it lol ;)

Nah was just showing the build. Back sponge bit wasnt in the filter at that time as i was in the process of gluing it in.

Filter got shifted on soon after this photo lol

?
lol so you can take it apart but needs gluing back together!

Thanks for the explanation, but i didnt recieve a brush with the kit... what kind of brush should i use? (i dont want to risk tearing/damaging the filter)

very fine and soft one, not a harsh washing up brush mate

i tend not to do this though. i actually wash mine, ie every year or so i will take it off, refit standard and putting to soak in some water, then soak in rinse water, then dry for a week on the boiler.

jamie

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I just pulled the foam out, put it in the washing machine and left it to dry on the radiator over night.

Re-fitted in the morning and Bobs your monkhouse.

Titanium 182
It's glued in, just spray the cleaning spray then soak the entire unit in a bucket.
Then dry it then apply the oil spray.