ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pipercross Viper

i bought mine brand new at 250 a pop , they aint cheap . some ppl on here dont like then tbh , also look at the ITG maxogen too , though its priced higher than the viper .

Lionel Richie
fastest mk2 clio (172/182) down the 1/4mile ran a 13.9 and it had a viper

but people still say they're s**t? baffles me

Clio 172 mk2
Bet it still would have been the fastest down the strip with a panel filter in the OE airbox with acoustic valve in place ;)

Clio 182
I bought one from this exact retailler and was not impressed with the kit. My personal opinion is the filter chamber is too big for the engine bay for the cold air feed to route properly. I also do strongly believe that it all depends on getting a good feed down to the lower grill. I am not convinced that simply routing the feed into the lower passanger side is enough to get a good cold air feed.

I will warn you if you don't like the kit and have to return it you will have fun!

Rich :)

Ph1

Totally agree.

Folk dont bother fitting the things right or copy what someone else writes on a forum thats the problem.

I moved from a Viper to a Maxogen (got them properly mapped both times) and there is honestly bugger all difference in performance to call

IMO much nicer sound out the Viper

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car

Was that Timo?

I've said it before and i'll say it again, the phase 1 airbox is the way to go. My setup cost me £40 which includes the airbox, feeds and panel filter.

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Hello Im looking at purchasing one of these

http://www.thepipercrossshop.co.uk/viperoptions.asp?model=81&kit=215&partno=VFC188

I wondered if anyone knew whether or not it was a good kit, if not please could someone recommend a better one?
I would prefer one that gives me better performance rather than just noise,

Thanks In Advance:)

I've had the Viper fitted to mine.....ran fine and sounded ok. I read the arguements for and against on here and spoke with a well regarded Tuner and decided to sell as I felt there were better out there. I now have a Hill Power fitted. I'm convinced it breaths better(can't prove it, but 20 years of expereience and I know my instinccs aren't far wrong). Feel free to come over to Newark if you want a close up of the fitted item, i'll even make you a cuppa;)