ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pirelli/yokohama or michelin

hi need 2 new front tyres for my mk1 172,looking to get either michelin exalto £54 each,pirelli p5000 drago £41,yokohama a539 £43 each.

any one hade good/bad experience with them,ive heard the exalto are very good but if i can get just as good tyre for £15 each less i will.

thanks

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

I had the Pirelli P5000 on my Clio 1.4 16V and I can rate them highly on that car. They stick like snot in the wet, and are pretty damn awesome in the dry. I didnt bother rotating the tyres and the fronts wore down to legal level after 30,000km when i did rotate them. The rears were as good as new.

Theyd probably wear quicker on a 172 but Id get them again.

Ive currently got A539 on my 172 and wont give them a good review. They are not great in the wet, but adequate in the dry.

Ive heard good things about the eagle F1s but Ive also heard people raving about the Toyos too

Hmm. Ive got Yoko A520s on the RS and theyre sh!te, to put it bluntly. Wonderful in the dry, no squeal and never let go, but absolute cack in the wet. Hence, I would say steer clear of Yokos in general as Ive never heard anything good about their wet performance. :cry:

F1s are great - buy them. Toyos - supposed to be great, and mytyres.net have them fairly cheap. (or did yesterday, he he. Wait for my personal review!). Exaltos have been rated, p5000 no idea...

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

The AVS Sports are good, but being a much softer compound theyll wear out pretty damn quickly, esp on the front of a 172, but if youre not worried about tyre life then that wont worry ya

Just got the AVS sports fitted on 17s to my 1.2 16v last thursday, maybe its me expecting too much after fitting bigger wheels but I cannot keep nearly the same speeds round roundabouts with the bigger wheels on,

Anyone any explanation, I have been told my rolling radius is pretty much the same, so am a bit puzzled,

Would never change back cos I love the look. Glad I went for the AVS sports though cos if these are super grippy tyres as most people say I would never want to try a less grippy tyre!!

I always go for Yokos as theyre very cheap for their performance... in the dry. But I hardly drive my car in the wet and lesser still drive it fast in the wet, so it doesnt matter to me.

Renaultsport Clio 200 Cup

Hmmm, interesting; I had Yoko A539s on my old 8v Jolf and thought they were great..! Nice and quiet and fairly grippy. Maybe they were just significantly better than the previous tyres I had on there...