ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pistonheads Clio 182 article

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I know the mini cooper championship guys put scary high pressures in the rear tyres and they get some super fast lap times.
Josh cook of BTCC fame always used to run something mental like 50psi in the rear tyres of his 182 track car.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Very interesting, not sure I'm confident enough of a driver to bump the pressures up that high on the rear but I might knock them up a little bit more and see how the car feels.

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
Well I gave it a go this afternoon.
Bearing in mind I have B14 shocks and the car sits fairly low.
Pumped them up to 37psi and went out on my usual test route and against my instincts the car felt much more planted in and out of corners. Did feel a bit hard and crashy on the back end though. Maybe peg it back a bit for road use.

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
I think the whole point in putting more pressure in the rear tyres is so that there is less outright grip on that axle, thus making the rear more mobile and and adjustable.

I’d be very surprised if the car felt more planted as I suspect the reality will be the opposite!
My bad. What i meant was the front end felt more planted under braking and out of the corner. Maybe it’s because the rear tyres aren’t affecting the balance by having less grip. Really wouldn’t be too confident pushing on in wet conditions.

My bad. What i meant was the front end felt more planted under braking and out of the corner. Maybe it’s because the rear tyres aren’t affecting the balance by having less grip. Really wouldn’t be too confident pushing on in wet conditions.
Ah, yeah, that is more how I would expect it to be. Far more front driven than normal, if that is even possible!

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
If the normal pressure is about 32 for PS3s whats a step upin pressure on the rears - 36?

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I run 34 front and 32 rear in mine but I may bump the rears up a tad now next time the tyres need inflating.