ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Planned Mods

Clown Car
What do you guys think.

ITG Maxogen (I have a ITG panel filter at mo)

Group N ECU/ReFlash

Blueflame sports cat and cat back system.

Any other suggestions or will that lot work well together, what sort of increases/performance may i be looking at?.

Thanks.

tiTTy & SV650
fair enough me thinks

want your blueflame anytime soon? group buy at the mo saving £100 on the cat back alone... sports cat wont give as much gains as a de-cat and a de-cat is easy to swap on and off on the 182 plus its a lot cheaper than a sports cat.

groupbuy closes tomorrow.

Clown Car
I am not sure about the de-cat, i really wanted to stay on the legal side of things and also not have the hassle of the emissions light coming on.

tiTTy & SV650
emissions light might come on with a sports cat, 100 cell almost certainly will, 200 cell theres a reasonable chance it wont.

blueflame 182 system £231
blueflame 182 Sports cat (choice of 100 or 200 cell) £206.50

until tomorrow 5pm

Chocolate Bar™
sports cats are a great idea, mine still flies the emissions, yet gives me the noise and 'sporty' feel of a de-cat, yet still retains some torque, planned mods sound great, i'd seriously consider a coilover set up as well though, to put that power through the twisties ;)

Clown Car
What you trying to say about the 182 cup packs Middo - lol.

Seriously though i would like a good coilover setup, turini's, 4 pot brake kit, but that's for another time.

Clown Car
About the Group N ECU - would it be a better idea to get a replacement Group N ECU so i can swap over between the original if i need to, if so who does replacement ECU's?.

SLK 350
Keep the panel filter, Maxogen won't buy you any bhp what so ever, on the contrary will probably loose some torque too.

-S/S Catback = +3-5bhp
-Sports cat = +3bhp
-Group N = +5bhp
-Inlet matching = +5-10bhp

Bang for buck id get the panel filter fitted, i'd then get the exhaust done, then get the inlet matched, then i'd get it remapped. Should be looking at a healthy 190-195bhp at the fly i'd say. Providing of course your 182 is a 'good' one and isn't down on power to start with.

SLK 350
As i said, if you want to lose bhp/torque then get yourself an IK, very rare that you will see any benefit from an IK. Depends if your after power, or whether you want the IK sound. Personally i'd be keeping your ITG panel.