ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Plasma installation help

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP
Wall Mounting my new 42" plasma this Sat but not sure what height it should be hung from the floor.

Is there any kind of guide I can follow to ensure I get the best position.

The sofa will be about 9 ft from the plasma.

I almost want to put it as low as a standard TV on a stand but I know it will look wrong.

I get the feeling they should be hung like a picture meaning eye level but not totally sure.

Help would be appreciated.

172 Cup
Make a template the same size and shape of the TV and stick it on the wall with blutac or something. Keep moving it until you're happy with the position and then mark it on the wall.

ex Clio 172 owner :(
A lot of people put them at eye level when you're standing.

I personally think eye level when you're sitting is better, or a compromise.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Random thread, but it on a table or something for a few days so can decide before actually mounting it.

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP
I was thinking eye level when sitting but I spend most of the time crashed out on the floor watching the box

Looks like i'll have to get a bean bag to crash out on.

I hate sitting on sofas

A4 Avant
I think the rule of thumb is when sat, the top of the screen should be just above eye level. You get a stiff neck if it's to high and your to close as you'll be constantly looking up, bit like sitting on the front row at the cinema.

Obviously the further away your sat the higher you can get away with mounting it.

VaVa
You don't want it very hogh if your only 9ft away from it. As Mark says you will adjust, but at that distance get it as low as you can.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Ours isn't too bad on the neck as we sit about 4 metres away. The leaflet that came with our mounting kit said the centre of the screen shouldn't be more than 15 degrees above your eye line.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Mark on the wall eye level when standing.. mark on the wall eye level when sitting.. stick it half way between for best all round position..

The perfect position (which I think looks ghey) is middle of your plasma at eye level when sitting.