ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Plasma TV's?

F82 M4
I *believe* LED TV's are the most superior, although I'm not great when it comes to Tele's. I've heard nothing but good things about them anyway.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Personally i think you'd be mad to go for a 3D set.

You'll watch something once in 3d, get annoyed and wish you'd bought something with a feature you want. Like iPlayer or other TV catchup facilities built in, or the LG Plex support.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Personally i think you'd be mad to go for a 3D set.

You'll watch something once in 3d, get annoyed and wish you'd bought something with a feature you want. Like iPlayer or other TV catchup facilities built in, or the LG Plex support.

Thats why I ended up sticking to 2d and saved a lot of cash in the process. 3D still has a good few years to mature for both content and technology.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Just because you have a 3d set don't mean you have to watch 3d tv.
The Wimbeldon final was 3d;)
I have a similar TV to one above apart from mines the VT.
Plasma is the daddy for the informed buyer, viewing angles best by far.
Which ever TV you get, get 'full hd', if you can get freeview hd & freesat hd this is a bonus, I have ;)

Inferno 182 CUP
Well i have an LED TV currently with no desire for 3D however i have £890 to spend and i do not get the change .. so i want the most expensive TV i can for my money and it HAS to come from Comet and be in stock at the Ipswich store

I just decided that a 51" TV would be nice lol .. and it happened to have 3D

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
The problem is unless you watch sport (which I don't) there is only a handful of films and games that are any good in 3D. Because of that I didn't think it was worth the extra £400 on top of what I paid for mine to have it.
Agree about getting full HD and Plasma though...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
55"+ Plasma. I don't care which one.

You should get an Lg/Samsung set for that money.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Well i have an LED TV currently with no desire for 3D however i have £890 to spend and i do not get the change .. so i want the most expensive TV i can for my money and it HAS to come from Comet and be in stock at the Ipswich store

I just decided that a 51" TV would be nice lol .. and it happened to have 3D

Do you not get the price difference in the form of a credit note to get something else in store though?

MK3 GTI golf 16v
if comet do panasonic, get a panasonic plasma. best tvs by far since pioneer stoped making them.

plasma has by far the best refresh rate, which if you are going 3d you will want. ( btw dont get 3d)

my friend spent £1200 on a lcd 3D tv, and its s**t. the refresh rates to low and its blurry all the time. i would buy the best panasonic plasma you can for that money.

i have the 50inch G10, which is now the G30. the 50 inch G30 is about £700/800 now i think because the 3D verions have pushed the prices down

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Well if you look bargains can be had, mine was nearly £200 less than your budget.
Yet the latest model is £1300+

Inferno 182 CUP
the best plasma they sell is £850 - its full HD and 51" Sammy .. it has active 3D built in but the next best plasma is only 46 or 51 with hd ready not full hd ..

so i think my best bet is the samsung-ps51d550

Inferno 182 CUP
TV price went down £50 today so bought it .. Samsung series 5 plasma with 3D 51" .. its f**king awesome .. picture quality s***s all over my LED

Sorry, been on holiday, just saw your PM.

I have that Samsung you've linked to. It's a great TV, and although I've only used 3D a few times it's a nice feature to have (and show off).

I don't think they come with any glasses, but I got 3 with mine as a deal.

It doesn't have smart, but has USB to plug a HDD in, and the HD is stunning.

It gets my vote.

Edit - good buy!

Inferno 182 CUP
What is this Smart thing? :)

So far love it!

Just watched Avril Lavigne in 3D on virgin .. was pretty smart!

Need some 3D p**n now lol

The smart feature has things like iPlayer, YouTube and weather on the TV. Not something I need.