ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Plastic War Mini-Project

Got 6 hours to kill this evening as the other half is out and I'm not picking her up until 2am, so I decided to do something constructive (well, sort of) instead of playing on the Wii all evening...

274746387_CHq7m-L.jpg

274746215_iMRTw-L.jpg

274759724_M8tbP-L.jpg

A few more here...

http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/gallery/2378575_5oKfE

Pretty simple to do really, just used my D50 and 50mm 1.8, got some plastic soldiers, turned the lights off and used an adjustable desk lamp or the light on my mobile for 'atmospheric' lighting. Background was a full red wash basket and a bookcase, didn't really matter as it was completely blurred out by the wide aperture.

High ISO to get some nice noise in the pics, then in Elements I just converted to B&W or desaturated, then added even more noise.

The set-up (camera was just placed on the carpet and moved around)...

274761644_kzFyc-L.jpg

Last edited:

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
Brilliant mate, Its things like this I can't do, I can't think of the ideas of what to shoot.

I love the first one, reminds me of Vietnam for some reason.

Do you still have soliders? I wonder if mine are still up my parents loft:)

Brilliant mate, Its things like this I can't do, I can't think of the ideas of what to shoot.

I love the first one, reminds me of Vietnam for some reason.

Do you still have soliders? I wonder if mine are still up my parents loft:)

I just browse Flickr for a few hours occasionally, get loads of ideas and inspiration from that place, pretty much everything that can be done with a camera has been tried, so it's a case of putting your own slant on something that's been done before.

I don't have my original soldiers from when I were a little'un, I bought these specifically for this, 99p for a big bag in our local toy shop, bargain!

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
Ahhh, I don't look at FlickR, don't think I've ever been on there, maybe I should take a look.:)

99p a bag, think I might get my nephew some, better than that vacuum cleaner he keeps pushing around lately.

Real life foliage is the next step, just rebuilding our garden so once that's done I will get out there and try that out.

As for what people would think if they saw me, I knew I was going to be alone all evening so it was pretty safe!

1.8 Civic EX
you've just given me a great idea...

I wonder what the local nerds would think of me invading the local Gamesworkshop and disrupting thier little game to take some pics...