ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Plastic windows?

182 with cup packs
Thanks guys if you dont mind me asking is it around the 400 mark? Whats good about the thermoformed ones? & easy to fit yourself sorry about the questions.

Cheers John

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
The thermoformed ones are the same shape as the original glass so it fits into the tailgate and rear quarters properly. Use Sikaflex to bond them in as well.
I paid more than 400 for mine but they were with the oe black borders and the oe look green tint.

My front windows don't open either, i just use pop-it vents to let the air in/out

182 with cup packs
Ah I see sounds good as long as you do the job right lol. So the front electric window mechanism doesnt work? Not a massive deal really think I would go for the pop vent option too. Many thanks

182 with cup packs
Well that makes sense save some more weight ripping out the electrics i guess. If anyone can be arsed could they post some pics just to see what it would look like the ones on the site are pretty pish?

Cheers guys

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
6286524583_5622414434_z.jpg

304144_2403005880259_1404475619_32927701_987099520_n by NorthloopCup, on Flickr

Not the best of pictures, but you get the idea. It shows the oe look black border as well. I'll take a close up later on if you want?

Evo 5 RS
Nope polycarbs don't go up and down hence why they normally have sliders/vents.
Wrong, they can be formed to original shape as well to work with the regulators.They can be hard coated optionally to protect against scratching/fading but still not as durable as glass

Didn't word that properly should of said polycarbs can go up and down but most of the time people fit them so they don't.

182 with cup packs
car looks great pal think al get some when the old wages come in. Had any issues with them leaking or when at speed?
Cheers Jack not a major issue but I work at a dock so need to hand various gash through the window.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers!
Not had any leakage issues at all with them but they are slightly noisier than glass. Nothing terrible though. It's actually quite civilised when your sat on the motorway @ 70-80mph for saying it's fully stripped of carpets and sound deadening! Lol

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I weighed each piece of glass that was removed from my cup and also the plastic windows before they were fitted.

Fronts 2kg each opposed to 3.5kg in glass

Rear quarters are 1.5kg each opposed to 3.5kg in glass

The rear screen is approximately 3kg opposed to 7.5!

The plastic was weighed with the pop-it vents fitted, so I'd expect the fronts to be slightly heavier if a slider kit is used. We are probably only talking half a kg though, if that!

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
I have the thermoformed hardcoat ones on my rally car. Very good quality, i have the front windows still on the winders they do flap a bit as there not as rigid as glass but they go up and down without any problem. Just need to make sure they are kept clean as even though they are hardcoat dirt will scratch it eventually.

182 with cup packs
Cheers guys just waiting on being able to afford them now. Asked the guy to send some photos he got back with a some photos so helpful even when your not buying the product.