ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Plastikote on external plastic trim

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
So the external plastics on my ph1 are looking a little grey and faded, rather than back to black them all the time I'm looking to paint them up.

I picked up some black satin plastikote today (rattlecan), have tested it no a small bit of trim (the corner cover of the rear wiper that pops off) and seems to look good, although need to see it in the light tomorrow.

Now the plastic was cleaned but I didn't sand it down or use primer on it and the paint seemed to take fine to it.

Should I be doing anything else with this, does it need laquer etc? Should I be doing any other prep work, I plan on getting the rear wiper and the plastic semi circle thing behing it done, then will pick off any other faded bits. Side strips could do with something as well.