ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

play.com

anyone had any trouble with these before??

ordered an xbox bundle on the 2nd..

says 'order placed' on my account

next day it still says order placed (most companies would have sent it out same day)
so i rang up and they said i need to do a security check because of the value of the order. not sure why this was just left for me to ring them up when i started getting impatient as if they had rang straight away it could have been done earlier.

my account still says order placed, so i rang up just now and they said it will be 48 hours after the security check, then it will be dispatched 24 hours later, then it could take 3-5 working days

now is that jjust me or is that pretty s**t service? i mean most companies you can buy stuff and receive it next day or two days later at latest?! and if they need a security check to complete your payment process they would usually ring straight away not 28 hours later..

anyone know where i can get a bundle as good/better than THIS within the next couple of days?

if link doesnt work:

XBox 360 Premium Console Entertainment Bundle

Special Features

Includes Project Gotham Racing 3 game
Includes XBox 360 Live Arcade game
Includes 20GB Hard Drive
Includes 2 Wireless Controllers
Includes Headset - Voice Communicator
Includes Component HD AV Cable (with SCART adaptor)

Last edited:
Seems pretty poor to me. Bought my £1300 mac online and it was sat at my house within 48 hours with no faffing about.

My mate has had nothing but problems.......so much so he refuses to use them anymore. Now I use them and never have issues. I will say he has a mail thief where he lives so thats part of his problem LOL!

they seem to be good for small items but not larger 1s.
Ive ordered loads from them over the years and i cant fault them

thats what i dont get.,, 2 blokes at work said they have ordered loads through them and never had any problems. and even over the christmas period have had xbox delivered in a few days..

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
They f*cked my XB360 order up twice before Christmas, had to get it from Tesco. Twice my girlfriend ordered from them, once even on the phone. She got emails saying they needed confirmation of the card she ordered from etc as a security measure. Why?! When does Amazon ask for that? Or most other places? It was legitimate and works everywhere else. Anyway, I still got a 360, and its class :)

Oh and I've ordered from them before many times. Sometimes the items come very quickly, other times a few days. They have some good deals, but for games I'll be using Amazon.

Clio_Smart
I orderd a psp ages ago and i needed to do a sercurity check becuase it was over a certain limit.

You want a 360 and games ASAP best thing to do is go to game or somewhere and get it :D

I ordered my 360 from Play.com got it in three days (and this was during the xmas rush). However Amazon ran a security check, along with my credit card company when I purchased my Samsung lcd TV (which was again during the xmas) but I still got my tv in three days.

Mk2 172 (Silver)
I ordered an ipod accessory on the 28th, as they were the only place with it in stock. It was posted on the 29th. I was starting to worry that it hadn't arrived yesterday, so went back to my emails to contact them and noticed it said 3-5 working days, which took it up to Saturday for it to arrive.

It came this morning, but the item had changed, it was a different make to the item advertised, bit disappointed as I speciafically wanted the ipod version. :(

Don't forget the items come from Jersey, that might be why it takes a few days longer than other companies to deliver?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
i've never had a problem with them, as Pootle says the items come from Jersey, thats why you NEVER get them the next day. DVDs and games usually arrive a minimum of 2 days after ordering but can take up to 4 odd days going from my experience. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the order status, I quite often see items go from ' processing ' to ' packing ' and then back to ' processing ' ?? ok, did you unpack it then? lol :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
My mate ALWAYS gets his items next day from them. Mind you, he lives in Jersey.

Is Amazon based in Jersey too?

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Guy I had the same problem when ordering a 360. In the end I cancelled the order and went to Game in Reading and bought one. So much hassle and I imagine they are losing a fair bit of trade by doing this.

what sort of deal did you get from game though munday??

i cant really find anywhere that can beat that deal. 269.99 delivered (soemtiem this year) for xbox premium with pgr3 and extra wireless controller - sell pgr 3 for 20 quid, and that live arcade game for a 10er on ebay so thus costing me 240 quid...

The Xbox I ordered from play.com wasnt delivered from Jersey it was delivered from mainland UK (had the senders address on the label).

Dear MR *twatbag*

Thank you for your recent call.

We have now approved your account and any orders that are in stock will be
processed and despatched to you shortly. You should receive them within
3-5 working days of despatch.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you in this
matter, and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind Regards

Play

STATUS Packing: 04/01/2007

What does ‘Packing’ mean?
Payment for your order has been successfully processed.
Your order is now being prepared for dispatch.