ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Play in my off side front wheel...

a black one
Right..

Just had the tracking sorted at the weekend. Steering wheel is now straight and car drives straight. However, when i put my foot on the throttle the Steering wheel pulls right but the car still goes straight.

Went back to ATS (who did the tracking) and we have discovered that there is play in the off side front wheel when jacked up. This would also explain the knocking I've been getting just recently when backing off my drive!

Track rod end I think, any other suggestions?

How much?

Also the dealers were not able to find the right part over the phone as there are 2 different steering racks fitted to the 182 apparently...

help/advice appreciated.

could be a number of things; TRE or bottom arm balljoint for example. need to diagnose it to be sure (in case of two above, would involve disconnecting the balljoints and checking them for play, unless it's obvious whilst they're still bolted up)

a black one
could be a number of things; TRE or bottom arm balljoint for example. need to diagnose it to be sure (in case of two above, would involve disconnecting the balljoints and checking them for play, unless it's obvious whilst they're still bolted up)

Thanks mate.

Ay ideas on costs for each of these potential problems?

Also, what the risk if I drive until i get it fixed in the next few days?

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
Last track rod end I bought was £10-£15 (can't fully remember) but it's also a good idea to get the tracking (from about £15 upwards) done afterwards (for obvious reasons), unless the garage does both but then I dunno what labour they'll charge.

a black one
Last track rod end I bought was £10-£15 (can't fully remember) but it's also a good idea to get the tracking (from about £15 upwards) done afterwards (for obvious reasons), unless the garage does both but then I dunno what labour they'll charge.

ATS said the would re do my tracking for free as they should have spotted the track rod problem in the first place.

Also what is the TRE?

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
Good to hear ATS will do the tracking for free. Is the £39 and £45 for supply only?

a black one
Good to hear ATS will do the tracking for free. Is the £39 and £45 for supply only?

God yes. This renault we're talking about, rip off merchants! They tell me there for different makes of steering rack on the 182 so I need to find out which one mine has before they can order in...useless!

a black one
Update: definitely TRE. Renault say £45.
anyone know where I can get it cheaper?
Also apparently it there's two different types of TRE for the clio, how do I know which one I need?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
they should have checked joints/tyres and pressures before they did ur tracking, pointless if u dont like u have found out.