ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Out on Steam in Early Access.

One for the tactical shooter/ArmA fans. 100 player servers, all air dropped onto a large map, find items quickly then try and be the last man/pair/4 player squad alive. The play area closes in to force everyone together.

Have been playing it with my brother. Anybody else tried it?

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
As soon as the seller of the GPU I should be buying gets his new card so I can get his I'll be all over this, looks great fun.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Just came second in a duo match, so tense when your like 100m from them at the end.

Even with the jumpiness and crashes it's great.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Downloaded this last night. Quite steep learning curve on this one. Just remembering all the hot keys on PC is hard enough lol.

Will stick with it though and see how it improves.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Managed 2nd on (solo) a couple of times and had some quality moments in squad play.

Think my problem on solo is that stealth (use prone a lot) usually get's you to the end but then you need to be more aggressive to actually win.

If you're in a squad keep space between each other, I've had a couple of times when people in my squad are a bit further ahead getting shot at and I can flank the people suppressing them.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Managed a 2nd place finish tonight. Boy does this game get the heart pumping lol.

34789769876_376580df09_b.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Seem a few videos on YouTube when levelcap and all those play, looks good.

You tuber stodeh is a very very good player at this and bf1

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Bought it with a mate last night, what a giggle it is! Love the fact they have proximity voice, played it for a couple of hours and can't wait to play more lol.

We were set to win one, but I was trying to mess with attachments on the inventory and pressed F while we were racing the forcefield in a jeep. So I was knocked out immediately and left in the dead zone, buddy came back but I was all fucked up from hitting the floor.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Got another 2nd place couple of nights ago. Wasn't killed by #1 player. Wasn't paying attention to the circle and died that way. Was gutted.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
It definitely creeps up on you as soon as you're concentrating on other stuff.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Had another good few games last night. Most of them I managed top 10s but always find myself miles from the circles and have to sprint a lot of the time.

Still waiting for my first chicken dinner though 😞

Fiesta ST-3
Had a few games on this today! Managed a 3rd place solo and then had a go with a friend and two of his work colleagues on squad. Really fun stuff!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Ahhhh, this is what TuphSteel has been playing.

If only I had a PC with the guts

My heap from 2010-11 just about plays it lol.

Still waiting for my first chicken dinner though 😞

Same!

Ended up doing some squad play last night, only myself left when the circle got small. Was crawling through some tall grass with 3 people stood about 15m ahead of me shooting over my head. Took a few suppressed shots at them too and they still didn't notice me.

When the circle was tiny it was over some building with 3 others left, who seemed to just be hiding in buildings. Only really had UZI ammo at this point so I was trying to fire through gaps in doors windows. I found I could walk about pretty freely with them all hiding so found some frag grenades, unfortunately the circle shifted slightly to the northwest (didn't shrink) and I died.

Heart was genuinely pounding at the end of that one.

Fiesta ST-3
Got my first chicken dinner last night after having 5 consecutive top 10's. Best sense of reward I've ever had from a game. Even more than bloody dark souls!

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Just got mine on solo, tastes good!

Silienced M416 with a 2x scope worked nicely.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
great game. Waiting for one of my other mates to get it, though. One of my mates who've i've been playing with whines too much and blames everyone else for him getting shot.

reeee reeee.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Got conned out of a win the other day because I was stuck on a rock. Could see him next to a tree clear as day, but couldn't fire because the game bugged out.

Threw a gren and it rolled back down the hill and killed me.

Because-early-access.

Usually finish in top 10 though, in solo or duo. Had 4 wins in Duo

Fiesta ST-3
Got conned out of a win the other day because I was stuck on a rock. Could see him next to a tree clear as day, but couldn't fire because the game bugged out.

Threw a gren and it rolled back down the hill and killed me.

Because-early-access.

Usually finish in top 10 though, in solo or duo. Had 4 wins in Duo
That's rough! Similar happened to me, but with the circle. Down to last 2 and I had a great position central circle, other dude had to come to me when the blue came in. Suddenly the circle glitched out and went to a different area than indicated and it took me out as I had tiny bit of Hp.

Yeah I had 2 wins back to back the other day, one on squads one on duo. Such fun! Still yet to get a ghillie suit and a sniper though... That combination is lethal.

I love this game so much!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Finally bought this yesterday, only had a very quick go for a round or two last night, did not fair too well at all as hadn't looked at all the controls :p

First round died pretty quickly, second round managed to punch someone to death and was in the process of looting all their stuff when I got shot :(

Main issue I had was I was dropping into relatively small places and was finding loads of ammo and weapon accessories but no bloody guns!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Had a good go on this yesterday and was better, awaiting arrival of a new keyboard as the one I'm using is a bit of an awkward layout for gaming.
Best round was also my most frustrsting, went the whole game without finding a bloody backpack so was limited on items, but made it to the last two with the other guy just getting the best of me with a minute to go.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Nearly had a squad win last night (killed by the last bloke). We made use of the vehicles a lot more to get to relatively quiet parts of the map which seemed to keep us in the top 10 for a good few rounds.

4 buggies in convoy was fun lol.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
I normally end up in the top 10 in solo. You can be as careful as you like, though. Most of the time you'll get fucked over by someone else whilst engaging another player. Only so many sides to a tree lol. Best way to play, is just get as many kills as you can whilst working your way towards the inner part of each play area. Sitting around for me normally ends in tears.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Had a few goes today and would say I'm usually in the top 15 each game.

Last game was down to two again, I saw him peeking out from behind king, waited to line up a headshot and the bloody thing shot high and missed. Exchange of gunfire ensued and I lost. Bet one more shot on him would have done it as well.

Been playing about going in the underground tunnels, sometimes there's good kit in there, sometimes it's utter crap.

Need to get a headset as want to play duos/squads but without a mic I feel a bit naff and unhelpful

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
That's rough! Similar happened to me, but with the circle. Down to last 2 and I had a great position central circle, other dude had to come to me when the blue came in. Suddenly the circle glitched out and went to a different area than indicated and it took me out as I had tiny bit of Hp.

Yeah I had 2 wins back to back the other day, one on squads one on duo. Such fun! Still yet to get a ghillie suit and a sniper though... That combination is lethal.

I love this game so much!

Does it ever descend into a campers paradise? That would be my main concern.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Only time I've ever seen sniper plus ghillie was spec'in my chum in Duo in the final zone with 10 or so other players, in the grass. Some of which were just a few feet away. Nobody could see him prone. There was no cover, just a small part of a field.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Not sure camping really applies? Hiding out is just a tactic, there's no guarantee that somebody will come near you/into the same building, or that you won't be forced to move in the next minute. That single shot you fire off to kill one guy could bring 5 more honing in on you.

Fiesta ST-3
Yeah, camping doesn't really work as the play area moves in to a tiny area at the end. You need to loot places, but loot wisely. Everyone is in the same boat, people that run around shooting Willy nilly often end up giving their position away too much and get taken out. Had 5 chicken dinners, but still not a solo one. Come 2nd like 5 times now! It's breaking me

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Yeah, camping doesn't really work as the play area moves in to a tiny area at the end. You need to loot places, but loot wisely. Everyone is in the same boat, people that run around shooting Willy nilly often end up giving their position away too much and get taken out. Had 5 chicken dinners, but still not a solo one. Come 2nd like 5 times now! It's breaking me

pressure getting to you :D

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Yeah, it has all the plus points of Day-Z without the bullshit. Permadeath games are brutal. Which is actually a little distracting depending on what kind of pellet you're shooting at. Had people run at me like mongs. You can't predict stupid.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Yesterday managed to get two crate drops in consecutive games.
First one was awesome, ghillie suit, M24 and 15x scope.
Was a good game circle ended up moving to some high rocky part of the map so found a good spot and sat there picking people off, came 2nd though.
Second crate game was a bit naff for what I wanted, tommy gun and some other stuff, left it mostly.
Tend to prefer having the UMP9 kitted out then some form of rifle I can use for longer shots.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I play this fairly often for 125 hours on record atm, was ranked top 500 in solos before the reset, although not played it much recently 😧