ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Playing home videos on iPad 2-How?

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Any suggestions of how to play home video (Not that type ;)) on a Ipad 2? I previously bought Xilisoft for my old 3GS but when updated to IOS4 etc I lost the ability to play them. I also had the ability to play DVD's from it also which would be good if that's possible too.
Do any of you have any other suggestions of an alternative tablet worth buying that will do this? (The cheaper the better)
Thanks

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
No idea what format? Absolute novice with this stuff. Simply the ability to play from Movie DVD's and video taken from Mini DV camcorder and recorded on to DVD.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I have air video on my New iPad. All the movies stored on my pc are played through it on the iPad. Can be done on wifi and 3G too

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Cool. Thanks. I'll try the ones I can on my Iphone first and then take the plunge on a Ipad if all is ok.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Try airvideo there's a lite version in the app store, if it works buy it if not try something else. It converts as you watch too so no need to plug into a pc or anything :)

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Try airvideo there's a lite version in the app store, if it works buy it if not try something else. It converts as you watch too so no need to plug into a pc or anything :)

Just done exactly that but just comes up with header sayong servers and nothing else comes up. I'll look in more depth on my day off on Tuesday.