ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please help a novice 182 owner

Cullen

ClioSport Club Member
Driveshafts, i know its been covered 1 million times but im completely lost and need this sorting. this is the 3rd shaft from a company and i dont know whats going on. i have given my reg too so im wondering if the car has differnt hubs or something.

Reg is YD05MBC i was told by previos owner it was a full fat aswell, but coming from this for the last 10 years of track abuse the clios have me baffled
IMG_1987.JPG

right insert picture of dodgy drawing

This is my standard original shaft size, does this mate up with a clio 182, when the company entered the reg it came back as a cup.
IMG_3292.JPG

Newish shaft after i installed it,
IMG_3291.JPG

As you can see the newish one i was supplied with seems to be the same except this part which is 10ish mm bigger and has torn the boot.

any help appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_3290.JPG
    IMG_3290.JPG
    524.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Cullen

ClioSport Club Member
chop the flange off the block :wink:
car will get more than a chopped flange soon if this carries on

Another thing seeing as these are second hand could it be that the company put a new clip on the boot and that the clip is too far up the shaft, and has caught the block and twisted the boot. the clip on inspection looks new and tamperes with

PH2 172
Driveshafts, i know its been covered 1 million times but im completely lost and need this sorting. this is the 3rd shaft from a company and i dont know whats going on. i have given my reg too so im wondering if the car has differnt hubs or something.

Reg is YD05MBC i was told by previos owner it was a full fat aswell, but coming from this for the last 10 years of track abuse the clios have me baffledView attachment 1357155

right insert picture of dodgy drawing

This is my standard original shaft size, does this mate up with a clio 182, when the company entered the reg it came back as a cup.
View attachment 1357154
Newish shaft after i installed it,
View attachment 1357153
As you can see the newish one i was supplied with seems to be the same except this part which is 10ish mm bigger and has torn the boot.

any help appreciated

Came up last week, and the week before that etc etc .

https://www.cliosport.net/threads/strange-vibration.815771/

Think that covered most of it.

182 trackcar, XC60t6
Pretty sure the original boots were swaged flush into the metal cover. This looks like it has a replacement boot fitted over the metal cover which is exactly what i did when my boot tore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cullen

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like complete wrong shaft and an aftermarket boot aswell. top is original. getting a refund and will go through k tec me thinks.

IMG_3299.JPG
IMG_3301.JPG