ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*Please Help*.....Clutch on the way out??

ST
When in gear the car is very hesitant and not wanting to pull as it should, when I rev it takes a second or two to actually do anything, its revving but making a sort of 'juddering' at the same time?

2003, 1.2 16v on 22,200.

Any help will be appreciated muchly.

Alan. :S :(

When you say its hesitant and dont want to pull away, do the revs rise before the car moves like the clutch is slipping?

Definately sounds like your clutch or clutch release bearing is on its way out, Get yourself a full clutch kit fitted mate.

ST
A clutch kit?

Surely after 22k the clutch should be fiine.....i don't drive my car hard that often?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
is your clutch pedal stiff? or is ur bite point high?

mine was reving and sounded like it was pulling away but was slowly pulling forward, had done 120K though.

could be a wrongly adjusted cable? my mate checked that on mine first

cock mobile.
Sounds like your clutch; but there's no way that should be going after 22k!

Get down to Renault and kick up a fuss and do not let them charge you for it!!!

Are the revs actually raising high rather then the car moving, you haven't answered this question, if not then the clutch is fine.

Dont' f**k about getting a new clutch if there is nothign wrong with it

ST
Sorry all i've been at work all day.....

Anyways...

It's biting as normal......its revving as i put my foot down though its as if something isn't catching right away, its taking a sec or two to actually react.....if that makes sense.

Any ideas on cost folks? :(

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my mate who done my clutch was speaking to the guys in arnold clark stirling and they told him in the region of £500 so he done it for £250 for me and i bought the clutch.

most of that will be labour costs tho. my uncle quoted me £200 wen my clutch went, so paid a visit to my daddy who used to be a mechanic. clutch cost £42 and he fitted it 4 me. of course with my car bein a mk1 and a 1.2 urs will prob b more expensive but not that much.

ST
Well.......i've just had an independent mechanic round to look at it and he says its the oxygen sensor as the car is running really really rich or over fuelling and puffing out quite a bit of black smoke......so am taking it to Reno tomorrow....the joys!