ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please help im going insane! Airbag and service light DF071

A Clio and a Peugeot
Hi,
So after a car swap with the mother in law I have her 03 1.2 Clio to sell. The airbag and service lights are on and got it hooked up and it came back with error 71 front airbag circuit 2 driver short/open circuit.
I've replaced squib, still there same fault (tried 2 different ones so discounting squib). Ive soldered both drivers and passengers wires under seats, same fault still there. I'e pretty much followed the wires back through the car and they all seem fine? I'm going crazy!
The only thing I can think now is that the horn isn't plugged in? When she got it the horn had been wired to something for you to plug into cigarette lighter, that's been threaded through steering column now and connected to horn and it works when you press but the actual horn plug isn't plugged in. Could that be causing this issue?
Any help appreciated!

A Clio and a Peugeot
So to update today I went maplins and got 2 3.9ohms 0.6volt resisters for 20p and put them in the airbag clips behind the steering wheel and lights went out. So looking like it's either a dodgy connection to the airbag or an airbag fault. Going to have a faf see if I can sort the connections out and if not I have a Renault parts shop down the road and I can pick a new airbag unit up for £15. Hopefully helps anyone in same position.