ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PLEASE HELP ME EVERYONE!!!

hi everyone please can everyone help asap....i have sent my cup to gordon lamb in chesterfield for hem to look at the rear brakes..this has been in several times for this problem..they have adjusted the handbrake and replaced a snapped cable.....they said they couldnt find anything wrong with the car said if anythin is wrong it will only get worse....they have called me today a month after the service and they want to charge in excess of 150 to fit new pads at the rear coz they are defective and reanult wont cover them..plus some kind of sensor/cable and the back end has disappeared and they are wanting me to pay nearly 300 to replace!!! they say cos its not there renault wont pay..wot is the point of the waranty? you have to have the car serviced and pay in total nearly 600 for no warranty return!!!..please everyone help where do i stand? are there any recalls from reanult for the back end? anyone else had the same problems? please help going in tomorrow to kick ass!!!! they are taking the f**king piss!!!!

Go MENTAL at em, i tried being all nice and it never got me anywhere with the problems my 172 had, also REN UK wont care much so dont be supprised if u say "im contacting renault UK" the muppet u talk to down there just looks about as bothered as! :cry:

From what i know gordon lamb isnt too bad a dealership so with any luck u mite be ok, all in all dont take no sh*t.. if in doubt get straight to trading standards ;)

Kick their asses. Have you got proof of all the times you took it in for the rear brake problems. Its sickening the way Renault charge their customers. Im honestly at a loss as to why they do it :confused:

Contact Trading Standards. Theyll contact the dealer with a week or so to discuss your complaint with them and the dealer will probably back down. Ive used this many times before. Dont feck around with threatening them, just go straight to trading standards.

You can even do it online.....no time like the present :D

http://www.consumercomplaints.org.uk/complaintmap.asphttp://www.consumercomplaints.org.uk/complaintmap.asp

cheers guys thanks for your advise....i think i have found out that this missing part is the bios valve thingy!!!! do i have to pay!!!

If they say its missing, the surely it should have been there. If you didnt remove it, then its not your fault and you shouldnt pay.

if this is the valve..which i think it is they said it was on there and simmply fell off ...wot the fck!!! rhys wot you think mate can i get them by the balls

Id tell them to take it of again they cannot bill you if you didnt ask them to put it on the car. If they say the cars not safe to drive say youll have it towed so no problems.

New pads cpuld be done for less than £30 Im guessing and you can do it yourself easy. Or get a proper garage to put new pads on and get them to right you up a reciept and send itto Renault Uk with a complaint letter and demand/ ask to be given a new dealership due to the por service you have recieved and for them to return the payment for the brake pads you had fitted.

Ps send all letter registered so they cannot claim not to not recive it.

Or better still (and something Im thinking of doing to my dealership) get a large advert in the local paper preferably where the dealership advertise and tell peole about the problems you have had and tell the dealership you will keep it in there until they fix the problem under warently and for free and recieve some compensation.

EDD

Quote: Originally posted by CUPPY on 20 November 2003

if this is the valve..which i think it is they said it was on there and simmply fell off ...wot the fck!!! rhys wot you think mate can i get them by the balls
How old is the car? How long have you had the problem with the rear brakes? What exactly happens with them? Is the car modified at all?

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 20 November 2003

Id tell them to take it of again they cannot bill you if you didnt ask them to put it on the car. If they say the cars not safe to drive say youll have it towed so no problems.

New pads cpuld be done for less than £30 Im guessing and you can do it yourself easy. Or get a proper garage to put new pads on and get them to right you up a reciept and send itto Renault Uk with a complaint letter and demand/ ask to be given a new dealership due to the por service you have recieved and for them to return the payment for the brake pads you had fitted.

Ps send all letter registered so they cannot claim not to not recive it.

Or better still (and something Im thinking of doing to my dealership) get a large advert in the local paper preferably where the dealership advertise and tell peole about the problems you have had and tell the dealership you will keep it in there until they fix the problem under warently and for free and recieve some compensation.

EDD

isnt that classed at liable

the car is a year old...not modified.the problem has come from brown suff pissing from the discs on rainy days and the handbrake not holding and being loose..plus when i brake a 20 mph the f**ker locks up!!!! do i have to pay for this bios valve thingy then? can i go to reanult and ask!!! cheers lads for all your help

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

if you dont get anywhere let me know.id probably be able to get the pads and fit you them for £50. find out what exactly the other part is will you.if the pads are just worn out then warranty wont pay,i dont know about the other part though until you get me some more info.the rear brake valve cant be missing otherwise youd have no brakes(its part of the braking circuit).maybe its just the spring but you cant buy it separatly.find out more and back to me.im from tibshelf so im quite close to you probably.

Volvo S60 T5

Just a copy of my previous post

7700425846 it costs around 150.00 inc vat

I have not looked on actis regarding this matter but on the forum it has been said that this is normal for the cups.
So if you dealer says no, try it as a safety issue or if not you will have to pay.
Its not a job you can do yourself as you need brake pressure gauges to check the pressures of the front and rear brakes and set up the adjustment on the valve.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

there was a tech talk once saying that having the spring missing on cup models was normal(it was on a tech talk about 6months ago).ive never looked on actis though to see if thats still correct

jay thanks for that mate i will let you know.....do i or do i not have to pay for this work? im a little confused if they dont come with car as standard then how come they say it needs fitting??? that doesnt ake sense for me to pay anything..thanks again

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

find out whats wrong with the pads(eg,are they worn) and what is the exact part that is supposed to be missing from the back and get back to me.i think you will have to pay for the pads though.ILL find out what the current situation is about the missing spring.

cheers mate..i understand if you have to pay for the pads when they are worn..but i had the service last month and the pads were 30% worn now they are defective..is there a difference for the warranty mate

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

if they said the pads were ok on a recent service then youve got a case because they were probably worn when the service was done and they should have picked it up

Quote: Originally posted by night.icon on 20 November 2003

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 20 November 2003

EDD

isnt that classed at liable
only if its not true.....if its true then you can put it on a bill board 8 foot x 10 foot !! ( but dont quote me on that )

Took my Cup back for wear on the back brakes, discs had a small lip. The dealer phoned to say the Brake bias valve was faulty. I asked for the discs and pads to be replaced as well foc as the faulty part had caused the wear. To my utter shock Renault agreed !

Can you try another dealer ? If not speak to Jo Olivio at Renault customer services, he is the manager and has been very good in sorting out a couple of issues for me.

Hope this helps.

J.

Cuppy any chance we can meet up as this is scaring the sh*t out of me as I feel my brakes are a little stodgy at the mo and I too have had my cup back to reno and they assure me that there isnt a problem with the breaks and that the clunking and grinding I hear on a morning is normal for the car. Do you find that yuor break lock on in the wet if you park with the handbrake?

Do you fancy a meet some time, what about you too Ryhs. I havent been on the forum for a while and it would be nice for a meet to dsicuss.

Knock on wood, Ive spent 4 days on the ring with no brake problems other than the stock pads depositing a bit of material on the right front disc.

Lord Lucan, you seem to have a good dealer or maybe a bit of pull due to your social status. The question is: did you kill her? You can tell us...

drive your car down a street, phone renault assistance and get them to repair it cos you think your brakes are failing... worst that can happen is you have to pay for parts or go down to a different dealer and have it seen to or call the manager out at your dealer and play hell till he backs down - they usually do - i got a freebie last time haha

cheers guys....abbsy meet whenever you want mate just not this weekend! got to move house!!!! GOT A RESULT TODAY ....went down to gordon lambs and the service manager came across to show me the part that was missing..he said that this servo thingy..there are two and the one on the left was misssing the rod!!!! he said renault wouldnt pay a bloody thing and with a laughing smile..he said that basically the car is unsafe and i would have to pay....i told him that the cars dont come with this part and he said whoever told you that, does not know cars!!! anyways i was speaking to this other service guy and he was ace...i asked him to put the car on the ramps and show me the part and there it was the rod was missing but there is only one so the service manager was lying (tw*t)..anyways i stood there for a bit and in the corner of my eye noticed another clio, and cup up on the ramps..i ran across and looked underneath and what did i see!!!!!!! THEY DIDNT HAVE ONE EITHER...i bought the technician and service guy over and they went f**kin white...anyways the service guy phoned the technicians of renault uk and they confirmed that this was missing on early cars and as far as they are concerned the car is safe!!! i then went f**kin ape sh*t and started having a right go cos the service manaer and the technician said it wasnt safe...i then said i was taking legal action and never bringing the car in again..they then fitted the rear pads for well over half the listed price....i was well chuffed..im a little concerned though that this could still be dangerous but if i have an accident now and they are a result of the rear brakes then i suiing the b******s!! they also fitted me a brand new clutch and clutch cable as well.....thanks boys (tw*ts):) abbsy dont worry mate im sure they will be ok but make the garage put it up on the ramps and look yourself...if you tell me when its going in i will come with you and will show you where it is!!! let me know mate

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Good result,i knew that rod was ok to be missing and you got the pads half price.Why has it got normal 172 wheels on it? do you like them better? i cant make my mind up which ones i like best.

JAY do you work lambys then? i got the wheels changed a couple of months ago and i personally prefer them mate look more chunkier and bigger to be honest than the cup wheels..plus there is zero weight difference between them ..i picked the normal and cup wheel up and they were identical!!!! if you do work for mr lamb give that mat a kick in the balls for me!!! he is such a c**k!!!:)

Cuppy just name the venue and date as I am very interested in your story as I too have had the Reno patter as mentioned before. I dont think that Renos left and right arms know what each other is doing!