ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please help me with problem!!

R.I.P 182
I have lots of "LUCallbackProxy" and "SVCHost" in the Windows Task Manager that is slowing the laptop down, and quite a few of them too.. but i cant "end task". I googled what it was and it slows the PC down and clogs up the system, so, can someone, in VERY SIMPLE terms help me get rid of it??

Thanks Muchos

Last edited:

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
svchost.exe should be there and mulitiple runnings of that exe windoes needs it to run.

LUCallbackProxy.exe is a program that is connected to symantec products

My advice, get rid of any norton or symantec products as they use mass amounts of system resources and install AVGFREE. Its all i run and i never have any problems at all

R.I.P 182
Thankyou for that info Gman, how do i uninstall norton / symantec? how much is AVGFree? I thnk my mum has paid for norton subscription, but if this helps then im sure itll be ok!

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
AVGfree is erm, oh, err Free lol. just type avg free in google

as for uninstalling just go to control panel - add/remove programs find norton or symantec and click the uninstall button
Install AVG first though and update it to the latest virus definition so you dont leave your system open to infection

R.I.P 182
Oh shoosh it!!! May have been a filename!! Not free! how long will this take? if i do it tomorrow on my day off it may be better.. will the AVG still protect the laptop?

Fpmsl @ how much is avg free !

Seriously though, avg is really good. Run that along with spybot search & destroy.

- they are both free from download.com

As for Norton, pffttt !!!! Utter toss, a complete waste of money when I had it I may as well have run the pc with no protection it was that bad !

R.I.P 182
Ok, can someone talk me through step by step how to Uninstall the s**t ones and install these?? (sorry..... thick!!!!!)