ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

please help me...

172 cup
Posted a thread last week RE my engine cutting out on my cup. Went into Renault on Mon/Tues and throttle body was replaced. Been driving round everyday and everything has been fine.....until tonight!

Took it out for a blast, engine was already warm and bl**dy thing cut out again at a roundabout and junctions 3 times!

Now what? Please help? advice?:(

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Sounds like your on Renaults doorstep Monday morning Laura.

Tell the service manager his Mum and Dad were not married at the time of his conception. !!

172 cup
Thought everything had been sorted last week and yet another blow to my confidence with the bl**dy cup!
Really dont want to get rid of it but really worried its not going to get sorted. :( :(

Mondeo TDCI 130
Thought everything had been sorted last week and yet another blow to my confidence with the bl**dy cup!
Really dont want to get rid of it but really worried its not going to get sorted. :( :(

Just take it back, imo dont be harsh with them, i know its an inconvenience, but as i have found out at work, replicating someones driving etc is near impossible! they may have genuinely thought they had fixed it, extended road test etc, but you cannot road test for ever! im sure they will sort it! these things can be hard to find, especially if there intermittant! dont give up on it!:approve:

172 cup
gonna call them in the morning and see if they can have it in tomorrow. Luckly renault is only round the corner from work. It is an inconvenience but just want a car that wont keep cutting out. Couple of thoughts...TDC sensor and coil packs?:(

Mondeo TDCI 130
its unlikely the tdc sensor usually they just cause a starting fault, same with coil packs really, they shouldnt make it stop then go again, it would have a missfire! but anything is possible! it may just need a computer reprogramme or something silly! just explain to them exactly what it did, speak to a technician if you can!

Mondeo TDCI 130
Yep! someone has to be!! i see it from both sides see! all to often peolpe come in angry! understandable! but you cannot drive around all day waiting for it to missfire/stop!! so i should think its a genuine mistake! some things are hard to trace!!

Clio MK2 (1.2)
gonna call them in the morning and see if they can have it in tomorrow. Luckly renault is only round the corner from work. It is an inconvenience but just want a car that wont keep cutting out. Couple of thoughts...TDC sensor and coil packs?:(

Could be the coils, mine was cuttin out and missfiring, new set ov coil plugs, and problems solved..

172 cup
fingers crossed then for tomorrow! Wont get Shi**y with them coz to be fair they have been good at renault. Just want it sorted coz its so beautiful!!:rasp:

Attachments

• DSC00164.JPG
    DSC00164.JPG
    396.3 KB · Views: 10