ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please Help, Problem with my 182

RenaultSport Clio 182 CUP
Hiya Guys/Gals

Iv got a 2004 182 and have a major probelm with it. Just turned it on and while deicing it, noticed the engine wasnt sounding to great and souded as if it wanted to cut out. I then looked on the dash and could see the engine management light and a orage light which looks like a squiggley line on. Tried restarting the engine, but to no avail and when driving, wont let me go above 3,000 revs and have lost all power :mad: Went to pull off at one point and there was no power at all and had to restart it just to get it to limp home.

Not sure if the cold weather has somthing to do with it as it was driving fine over the weekend and has just come out the blue. Just wondering if any one has any idea what it is as I need my car over christmas and have no chance of getting it booked in at a garrage this time of year.

If any one has any ideas what it might be, it would be very much appreciated as gona get my mate to have a look at it, but his not to clued up on 182's and any advice would be great.

Cheers

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
if you take it to renault there will the a fault logged in the ecu..... the orange light you mention will be an electrical sensor fault of some sort

Not much you cna do without plugging it into the computer and seeing th fault code unless its somthing as easy as an unplugged sensor.

Could be the coil packs there starting there treads of failing more so at the time of year.

Cheers Fellas

Ill give renault a call tomorrow, but got a funny feeling that with it being christmas, there not going to be able to fit me in. Hopefuly, its not something to seriouse and easy to fix under warrenty.

BMW M3
Isnt there a thing you do by pressing the display button in while turning on the ignition, and it shows fault codes and goes all loopy.. systems check etc...

Bye Bye 182....
Sounds like the coil pack. Could be water in the spark plugs though as that made mine run rough as fcuk. Could even be the CAT. Get it plugged into a diagnostic computer and that should tell you. Should be covered under the warranty - just a b**ch that its christmas....

Rsport182Cup'd
HEY ATTN!!!!!!
you are still on warrenty
call renault assist, get AA to come
tell operator you need a plug in and not to send an AA agent garage, plug you up do codes and reset anywhere in Uk, if coilpack, they carry them on board, had problem before, dont worry on the 3.5k and loss of power, its called "limp home mode" to make sure you are not stranded ECU knows a fault but it is not critical, been there mate, you need more help just PM me, AA on ren asst will come out 24/7 365

Regards
Russ

Hiya

Cheers every one for all the advice. So if I call renault assistance, will they be able to repair it on the spot? Total forgot I evan had that :0) Is the coil pack covered under warrenty as iv only got another 8 months warretny left? Its just iv been told that in your last year of warrenty, not every thing is covered?

Cheers mate

Just called Renault Assistance and there on their way, so hopefuly they should be able to sort it.

Hiya

Cheers every one for all the advice. So if I call renault assistance, will they be able to repair it on the spot? Total forgot I evan had that :0) Is the coil pack covered under warrenty as iv only got another 8 months warretny left? Its just iv been told that in your last year of warrenty, not every thing is covered?

Cheers mate

Yep still under warently.

Hiya

Just had renault assistance out and they couldnt fix it and siad it needs booking into a garrage :(

He put it on the computer and it come up with: POA20 Throttle/Pedal position sensor/Switch A Circut.

Any one got any ideas what this could be. Also, if the throttle is faulty, would the warrenty be void because iv got an induction kit?

Cheers

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I wouldn't of thought the induction kit has anything to do with it, but I would put the original air box back on when you take it in, just in case.

I my experience with other cars, induction kits cause more problems than they are worth.

Got a slight problem, I no longer have the origional airbox noooooooooo!!!! Ill have to chance it when I take it in and blag it. If I can sus out whats wrong with it, might try and get my mate to fix it as renault cant do it until 2nd Jan anyway.

He put it on the computer and it come up with: POA20 Throttle/Pedal position sensor/Switch A Circut.

Any one got any ideas what this could be. Also, if the throttle is faulty, would the warrenty be void because iv got an induction kit?

I'll look up the fault code in a second I hope its not th throttle body fauliure code as if it is its a new throttle body. Its not the pedal as if they fail the idles goes to 1.3k

Remove the induction kit to be safe but throttle bodies have failued under warently its just they can be easy to break.

The problem is, iv no longer got the origional airbox, ill have to try and scrounge one from some where as ill be screwing if my warrenty is viod because of the induction kit.

The problem is, iv no longer got the origional airbox, ill have to try and scrounge one from some where as ill be screwing if my warrenty is viod because of the induction kit.

It won't be but why risk it as throttle bodies are annoying.

Delaers won't care though realy.

If you don't have it don't worry they have to prove the IK was responsible and it would be impossible.

you need a new acc pedal. mine did this and i had the ecu reset and a new padal and it was fine,

try unplugging it and cleaning the contacts, might work

Hey, is this the wire which connects to the top of the pedal? Ill give it a try and see what heppens

yep should be a plug give it a clean, it might work. but i had to have a new pedal,
mine was the same limp mode same lights, same error on the clip !!

Did it take renault long to find the problem on yours? Hopefuly they can sort it out quick for me and get it back the same day, hate being with out my car

Tried cleaning the terminls, but no joy :dapprove: my poor clio still ill lol

Hopefuly, it is just the pedal like you said and they can fix it quick