ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PLEASE HELP!!!

LY 200 EDC LUX
Please can someone help me as I'd rather not take my car to a garage and get charged a fortune if I already know what the problem is!

I own a 1995 clio 16v in red with major engine modifications (everything done proffesionally, no DIY).

I have had no problems since I bought the car. This is the first problem I've had.

On sunday I was driving out of Halfords car park when all of a sudden my car stalled (was doing approx 10mph). I managed to start it again and got about 20 meters down the road when it stalled again. Once again, I managed to start it. I got about 10 meters and it stalled again. I managed to get the car off the road and out of the way. I let the car cool down for about 10 mins before I tried again. I started her up and she was fine. I let her idol for about 3 mins then selected reverse, she then stalled. This happened a few times. Then I tried to start her up again and she woulden't even start. On every occasion when I tried to re-start the car, it would take longer to fire up.

The car turns over just fine but will not fire. The recovery guy said he thought it was one of the injectors had gone and thus is injecting to much fuel into the chamber, thus flooding it.

Has anyone got any ideas? Has this happened to anyone else?

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

(Please help as I'm having to drive my mums Micra!!!!)

LY 200 EDC LUX
It won't even start now, just turn over.

When it did start and stall, It would start, I would give it revs, take my foot off the gas, then the revs would drop instantly and stall.

LY 200 EDC LUX
Ok, I'll take a look. Where are the relays located? (sorry if thats a dumb question!)

What am I looking for?

1.2 16v (2002)
not sure either to be honest usually with the fuses under the engine bay. i had this problem with a differant car and that was the relay for the fuel pump so just thought it worth a try i can have a look for you tonight on my clio and let you know were it is

LY 200 EDC LUX
Well, I've checked all the fuses, everything ok there. Can't find the fuel pump relay???

Have checked HT leads, seem ok. Don't really know what else to check as I'm not really totally clued up on these sorts of things.

Its booked in for next tuesday. Will get them to run diag and see what the prob is, then decide on a course of action from there.

Started it up the other night, fired first time, reversed a couple of meters, was ok, put it into 1st, came off the clutch, went forward slightly (about 5 inches!) then it stalled. I am totally baffled!!