ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

please please help...

172 cup
Right me again...
The update is that im still having a problem with my cup cutting out. Its been nearly 2 weeks since i had my spark plugs replaced on the recommendation of 2 renault technicians. It had only done 39k miles and they said that they were the originals and never been changed. Fair enough coz i know nothing about cars and i said yes to having them changed. Ive just read in my service and maintenance booklet that they dont need changing until 72k miles.
Basically had throttle pedentiometer replaced, throttle unit replaced and now 4 new platinium spark plugs replaced and its driving me mad.
1) what are peeps thoughts on the spark plug replacement?
2)what are thought on what the problem is?
Please help?!!:( :(

M

mini-valver

Plugs would be one f the things I'd change TBH, obviously wasn't that though. I take it you've had it plugged in?
Does it happen regardless of how much fuel is inthe tank or only when it's low? Maybe crap in your fuel tank blocking the lines??

172 cup
yea its been plugged in and one of the technicians took it home with him!
Its got 1/2 tank of V-Power in it and it and it randomly happens only at juntions and roundabouts! It also went in limp mode earlier:(

M

mini-valver

Lol, never a good sign. I'm sure it'll be sorted soon enough....

M2 Competition
When it goes into limp mode, and they plug the car into the clip computer, what fault codes are stored on the ecu laura?

172 cup
When it goes into limp mode, and they plug the car into the clip computer, what fault codes are stored on the ecu laura?
none i think. the only fault that it has brought up was throttle body. Im glad i did let them take it home coz they were beginning to think that i was making it up until it cut out on him!! ha ha!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Yea we can take customers cars home if they have an intermitant fault, im going to say it wiring based somewhere laura.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Yea we can take customers cars home if they have an intermitant fault, im going to say it wiring based somewhere laura.

what shall i do/say when i phone them again tomorrow?

Did it bring up throttle pedal potentionmeter fault? Just say its happen again under the same condidtions as before, your not very happy and would like them to fix it as you have just spent properly around £300-400 there having done what they thought would fix it. But what ever you do dont be rude to them i work for renault and customers that are rude basically dont get treated as nice.

172 cup
what shall i do/say when i phone them again tomorrow?

Did it bring up throttle pedal potentionmeter fault? Just say its happen again under the same condidtions as before, your not very happy and would like them to fix it as you have just spent properly around £300-400 there having done what they thought would fix it. But what ever you do dont be rude to them i work for renault and customers that are rude basically dont get treated as nice.

I wont be rude coz it will get me nowhere!
The only fault was the throttle body and they replaced the whole unit £320!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
They have said they have test the loom but which bit from the throttle pedal to injection computer or to the pedal, the resistance of the loom may change with temperture. I know they have properly used renault fault finding on this. These are the hardest faults to deal with.

172 cup
They have said they have test the loom but which bit from the throttle pedal to injection computer or to the pedal, the resistance of the loom may change with temperture. I know they have properly used renault fault finding on this. These are the hardest faults to deal with.

they didnt say
sounds like you need to have my car!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
sounds like i have a 172 of my own i hate these kind of faults, if i had a problem like that i would have used some parts off a fourcourt car to see if anything changed before i said it was anything at fault.

Plugs can sometimes need changing early. There not cheap though and should be good for 72k its can just happen they arn't.

Throttle bodys can be problems often cleaning them fixes it.

Sounds like your cars got a wiring problem.

As for them taking the car home its normal it can happen.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Plugs can sometimes need changing early. There not cheap though and should be good for 72k its can just happen they arn't.

Throttle bodys can be problems often cleaning them fixes it.

Sounds like your cars got a wiring problem.

As for them taking the car home its normal it can happen.

Glad you argee. weight off my mind.

M

mini-valver

I'd put money it being the ECU wires rubbed through onto the cage!

172 cup
ok dropped it off thi morning and now spoken to the service manager!
Told him to keep my car until he was certain that the problem was sorted!
He phoned me this afternoon and said something about throttle switch? (i think) and the fuel injection computer?
He is taking it home with him tonight connected to portable computer again (same old story i know) and more of an update tomorrow:( :(

VX220 Turbo
sounds like you are getting a decent bit of customer service at least. seems strange they charged you for parts which havn't solved the problem though I wonder if you could get some money back for this even if it's the labour they have charged you for these parts it's better than nothing.

I know I wouldnt be happy to pay for a new throttle body and a plug change if it was something as minute as a worn out wire which although took a while to find only took 5 minutes to fix.

172 cup
I must admit renault are being good and yes the customer service is good also (just annoying it isnt gettin fixed) Luckly ive got warranty so claimed back the first 2 jobs but couldnt claim on the plugs. I think the service manager is going to sort something out about me getting some of the labour money back also.

172 cup
cup been in for 3 days now and everytime its taken out for a test drive its not cutting out. I know as soon as i get it back it will cut out. Am i doing something wrong?:(

172 cup
Right 8 pages of faults from yesterday when it was plugged in. 1 of the faults they dont even know what it is so they have to speak to technical!
Will this eva end?:(

Right 8 pages of faults from yesterday when it was plugged in. 1 of the faults they dont even know what it is so they have to speak to technical!
Will this eva end?:(

8 pages wow sounds like a real serious wiring problem that or a fauly ECU/UCH.

Least there getting down to the route of the problem.

Breaking A 172 Replica
Could it be the fuses?

Atm mine are full of gunk and the connections are awful. It goes and then just cuts out...

Just an idea.

172 cup
Could it be the fuses?

Atm mine are full of gunk and the connections are awful. It goes and then just cuts out...

Just an idea.

cheers dunno anything bout cars so could be a possibility. They have told me its electrical rather than mechanical. If it is the computer how much will this cost me?

Mondeo TDCI 130
It could be anything! the problem you have is what clip tells you it is often is not the case! if youre not careful you end up on a wild goose chase! to be honest, i wouldnt have been looking down the plug route! although they do need changing before 72k! it is very rare for them to cause something like that! if you had said intermittant missfire, then maybe!