ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please post your track wheels!

Clio 172 ff
Hi everybody,

I'm in the process of getting some dedicated track wheels and would be interested in what people around here are running on the race track (track days, not outright races). I'm currently thinking I should get some cheap 7x15" rims and Toyo R888s in 205/50-15. What are you all running and why? I'd be interested in rim width, diameter and tyre type/brand and dimension.

Thx.

(note: this is not intended as a picture thread, but if you feel like showing your stuningly beautiful 300£-10lbs-racing-rims to make me jealous, it's okay)

Edit: Some info about your experience with the setup would be nice as well, of course. Especially if you can compare them to something else.

yes 15" * 7J et43.

The tyres are 205/50/15 for the pilot cups, not sure what the slicks come out as in normal sizes but its - 57/19/15

If i get used dunlops there 195/55/15 i used them last year and they were very good,

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
forsale006.gif

OZ F1's from a mk1 172.

ET43 7J X 15

Running 195/50/15 Toyo R888's

Photo shows Eagle F1's but they came off straight away;)

Done Donington GP & Silverstone GP, totally changed the car from running on the 16" turinis.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I only run 15s now on both road and track.

I've got an old set of Dynamique 5 spokes for road use and some OZ F1s like Steve above along with a set of TSWs (no idea what they are...err, they have six spokes) for track.

I've run Yokohama A032s (205/50/15), Dunlop D01J (195/55/15), Dunlop Sport wets (not sure of size) and Yokohama A048s (205/50/15).

To be 100% honest I couldn't really tell the difference between grip levels or behaviour on any of the different dry tyres. Compared to road tyres there is no comparison to make...it's like night and day.

On the wets in the wet though, the grip level is incredible. Makes me laugh every time I turn in when it's greasy - "How the f*** can it do that?!?!?".

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Are F1's just a straight fit on a FF182 with Cup Packs? Should hopefully be getting some for Track Days :D

D4ve where u get the sport cups from?

you can get them from costco and its a lot cheaper then i was quoted for them from pro tyre, 90 quid a corner i think, but they only supply, told me id have to take them to a race circuit to fit .... LOL

I dont have them yet, will be getting track tyres in may

best wheels you can get for a Clio

and this pic the Tyres are part worn Clio cup slick :D
Oulton_062.jpg

Will have a used set up for sale seen just need to finish the slick off
Trackdaywheels003.jpg

Clio 172 ff
Thanks so far, guys! Seems like 205/50-15s is not the worst choice, then. Loving those Speedlines and the black OZ F1s. Speedlines are almost impossible to get over here, though, but I'm currently having an eye on anthracite OZ F1s off ebay. I just don't know if they have the correct centre bore. 60.1 is what the Clio needs, right?

Keep those track wheels coming. And pictures are nice, in fact. ;)