ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Plenum won't come off.

2004 182FF
Currently stood in the driveway with everything disconnected and having no luck. Ive undone the top two bolts and the five along the bottom. In between the 2nd and 3rd inlet there is a small nipple like thing that is stopping it coming off.... Never heard the mentioned in any guides. I'm pulling pretty hard and everything else is loose except this one point.

Help!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
try pulling it straight up. think this "nipple" your on about is the pin that lines up the lower inlet to the upper? i think! dont quote me on that tho. mine came off really easy

2004 182FF
f**k me I just went flying backwards across the road. The locator pin was well and truly stuck onto the plenum. Used a bit of penetrating spray and pulled and pulled and weeee off I wen backward. Only problem is the locator pin in now part of the plenum not the engine, is that the way it's meant to be?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
no, its suppose to be on the inlet, so when you put the plenum on later its easier to line up, but in your case you wont be able to do that anymore.

Have you painted the plenum atall? could be the paint has hardend the hole causing it to be stuck,

2004 182FF
Nope its never been painted, just gunked up and corroded I think. It still works as a way to locate the plenum just the opposite way round... it rests on the hole in the inlet and pulls itself down as you tighten up the bolts. Not ideal but I'll sort it out when I can be arsed.

Old plugs were shagged:

photo.JPG