ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PMS Rear beam and whiteline ARB.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I currently have the whiteline ARB, but in motion of having the PMS rear spherical bearing and bracing kits fitted.
im in two minds as to wether or not keep the ARB aswell?

anyone tried it with both, or has the ARB's requirements now been made pretty much redundant?

I don't want to part with it, then struggle to source another.

cheers :)

330i. E30 Touring.
You bought the PMS kit already?

If not, speak to Nick. He's got one kicking about at mine (getting in the way!)

Tony took his Whiteline off as he didn't believe he needed it after using the PMS strengthening kit. I've got a spare rear beam with the spherical bearing kit fitted to it and liked how that tightened the rear up nicely.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
a complete beam with it all fitted already Mike?

could save me paying a mate to weld it all up for me, and keep a beam as a spare back up :)

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Sorry Nick, you slipped in there.
is it just the bearing kit fitted, or the bracing sections aswell?

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Gotcha.

could you hit me with a price sweet cheeks ;)
anything else you want to part with that could be of interest to me?

edit: you seem to have more goodies hidden in that shed than ive got in my unit, lol.

The ARB and bush kit do 2 completely different jobs

The bush kit stops movement in the beam which would cause bump steer - the tow of the wheel changing under cornering load.
The ARB kit restricts role

I know a lot of guys who don't like the ARB as it makes the back very twitchy - but coming from peugeots I like the lift-off-oversteer and twitchiness

I think it just comes down to driving style, with how easy the ARB is to remove I'd just get yourself on a cheap track day and try it with and without it

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Phil, id been using the Trophy with the AST's, ARB and many other treats etc for a year mate, so I know what its like with it, and I liked it.

I was curious if once the bearing kit, and beam bracing kit had been fitted, if id have a need for the ARB aswell?
I understand its down to personal preference, but was curious of others opinions and how they had got on with the change.

Gotcha.

could you hit me with a price sweet cheeks ;)
anything else you want to part with that could be of interest to me?

edit: you seem to have more goodies hidden in that shed than ive got in my unit, lol.

Lol. These days all I seem to have is tyres I think!

To you Kelv, £70. Anything less and it can sit in Mikes Grandparents garden until I need it! ;)

Phil, it's not the bearing kit that we're talking about that prevents the roll. It's more the strengthening kit that does, preventing the rear beam from twisting as much as a standard rear beam does. Well, that's how Tony Hunter felt the kit did.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I assume the bearing carriers have been fitted/welded in correctly and straight?
if its been sat around outside for a while, the bearings themselves, and sleeves haven't suffered the elements too badly have they?

I assume the bearing carriers have been fitted/welded in correctly and straight?
if its been sat around outside for a while, the bearings themselves, and sleeves haven't suffered the elements too badly have they?

Would have thought so Kelv on the welds, Mark Fish did all the work I believe so I know his standards are pretty high!

I'll have to check the bearings for you, I know you can get replacements from PMS should they be tired.