ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel bearings falling apart faster than governments

Clio mk2 1.2
So I’ve been running 20mm spacers on all four corners of my 1.2 mk2 for years.
About six months ago my NSR bearing starts grinding gently and then very quickly not gently. I changed the bearing on the NSR buty press doesn’t have the force to get the OSR bearing out. Luckily when I put it all back together the grinding stopped.

Three months with spacers still on, the grinding is back and it’s definitely the NSR. I replace again and take the spacers off the rear completely. No noise. Back on the road.

One month later, grinding.

I’ve torqued up all bolts each time so the problem must be with the stub axle or worse the main axle.

Im thinking of replacing the entire rear beam but im getting flashbacks from when I removed the isofix bar from the interior and had to deal with the diagonal bolts.does anyone have experience with rear beam replacement?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Check the length of your wheel bolts. I once fitted spacers and the bolts were 5mm longer than they needed to be

It popped the bearing out slightly and ground a nice chamfer on the hub!