ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Point-and-click adventure games...

S3, Polo
Not everyone's cuppa Darjeeling, I know, but I recently bought Machinarium and Broken Sword on my iPad and have loved them both.

Since playing through them, I've also noticed a bit of a resurgence in old-school point-and-click adventure games across platforms (Anyone seen how popular 'Double Fine Adventure' on Kickstarter has become?).

Can anyone recommend a game that they've played (recently or in the past) that might be worth me taking a look at?

Thanks.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Leisure Suit Larry was great, but I always wanted to see some action. The little gimp got f*ck all.

Does anyone remember Little Big Adventure?

Dynamique S TCE
I kinda remember little big adventure, my dad used to have it but I was too small to understand it!!

Check out Monkey Island, steam have got an offer for the latest two, or at least they did a couple weeks ago. I like the entire series. I believe they are for PC only though.

The Myst/Riven series of games are pretty good. In fact they're very good. Unfortunately, from Riven onwards, some of the puzzles became so obscure that it was almost impossible to progress without a guide book or online walkthrough. Kinda diluted the charm for me a little bit.

I'd definitely recommend Myst at the very least. Seriously taxing at times, but manageable if you an IQ and some imagination.

FYI Myst and Riven are both available on iOS.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Day of The Tentacle
Grim Fandango
Full Throttle

Those were my three staple games in the early 90's, growing up. IIRC, Grim Fandango was much later though.

S3, Polo
Myst is a good shout - heard lots of good things about it. Same with Monkey Island.

A colleague downloaded Little Bang Adventure the other day and I've just had a butchers and it's utter w*nk. Maybe that's unfair and I need to give it a go?

He just mentioned Full Throttle or Day of the Tentacle?

EDIT: Beaten to them by Chris.

This is great guys, thanks.

Dynamique S TCE
Oh wow I completely forgot about Myst, loved that game. Can't even remember when or why I stopped playing it :S

Evo 5 RS
Full Throttle
Day of the tentacle
Grim Fandango
Monkey Island

All win

Chris, Grim Fandango is 1998

Theres a new Monkey Island in the pipeline too, think they've raised a few million quid to fund it. Madness.

Point and click horror can also be good. Scratches was awesome

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Love Broken Sword 2. Might play through it again on the iPhone.

Still not completed the first one :eek: