ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Police Warning

Stopped by the police today coming home from work after doing a 14 hour shift:(

He was in a blue Saab and said I was doing 60mph plus in a 40mph limit. He also said I undertook 2 cars and accelerated too fast from traffic lights.

He asked me what engine was in it ( thought he was going to ask for a spin ), If I had points, checked the car for 10mins then asked if I had been drinking. Took me in the car and gave me a lecture, saying I could have been banned and he had booked 2 other cars tonight then asked me if he should book me and let me off with a warning......sound copper.

Anyone else got off with a warning?

yeah about a year ago i was going up dual carrigeway doing 60 in 40 zone (in vtr!!) he pulled me basicly checked my car over got me to sit in back of t5 asking me if i thought i was superman etc saying he should give me 3 points and a fine but because i slowed down when got near traffic and backed off he would let me off (first offence too) , i got a producer in end!!! quite lucky really

Mondeo STTDCI

A lot of em are alright really mate. Been let off 2/3 times doing 80mph in a 30mph. In my *ahem* younger days.

Nissan Jewk

I have.. was driving pretty quick in my 106 1.1, he pulled me 4 speeding, asked my mate in the passenger seat if he felt safe, he wanted to say "yeah, he drives like this all the time!" lol! Then he gave me a lecture, saying he recorded everything and that my car is a really fast car so I gotta be careful! (I had the k+n, back box etc, so it sounded quicker than it was, but surely a copper would realise?!)

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

yeh very recently. copper was well good about it. i respect em always have. theyre only human and often make msitakes like all of us. but theyre just doign theyre job.

Polo + Micra

well i did go past a copper friday and they gave chase into my street

but they just said they would probably see me again:oops:

Black Clio 182

i got caught speeding in a 30 limit. was doing 60-70mph in my 1.2 clio and i over took a taxi and i was driving past a petrol station full of cop cars. there was a cop van and about 3 cars. one of the cars pulled out and followed me up the road. i pulled over after a bit and the copper asked if i had been drinking and all the usual stuff. he then gave me a lecture and called me a stupid prick for over taking the taxi. then all he kept on about was how did i afford my car by my self, i think he thought that i had knicked it lol. he was alrite though. wen i got back in my car and drove off i carried on speeding :D

this is not going to win me any friends, but.. if your knowing doing 50+ ina 30limit then im sorry but u deserve to be booked.

iv no problem with people driving fast but down the high street or in a built up area then i have no sympathy for anyone who gets cought..

and if that kid DOES run out on you and you splater it all over the road.. well i hope it dont happen, cos i could not live with it

Quote: Originally posted by phil6180 on 24 May 2004

He said I was accelerating too fast from the traffic lights....pah, i was only going to 4000revs.
Is there any law saying you cant accelerate to quickly?

Its always puzzled me this one because i thought so long as you didnt break the speed limit you should be ok,not matter how quick you got there (so long as the is no wheel spin because they will try and do you for dangerous driving like they tried with me)

I have been let off with a bit of a warning too,although it was more like when your dad gives you advice if you know what i mean.I got clocked doing approx 90 in a 40 zone (i dont know why!) but he was on his own in a unmarked car so he couldnt prove it.

Quote: Originally posted by Gav_T on 25 May 2004

Quote: Originally posted by phil6180 on 24 May 2004

He said I was accelerating too fast from the traffic lights....pah, i was only going to 4000revs.
Is there any law saying you cant accelerate to quickly?

Its always puzzled me this one because i thought so long as you didnt break the speed limit you should be ok,not matter how quick you got there (so long as the is no wheel spin because they will try and do you for dangerous driving like they tried with me)

I have been let off with a bit of a warning too,although it was more like when your dad gives you advice if you know what i mean.I got clocked doing approx 90 in a 40 zone (i dont know why!) but he was on his own in a unmarked car so he couldnt prove it.

they can do u with driving with undue care and attantion, not being in control of the car (even more so if you wheel spin from a standing start) and no doubt other stuff too if their in a bad mood

Polo + Micra

i did race a cop car down a 70 road to 70 and he just asked me what the speed limit was so i told him and they drove off:D

Octavia VRS

Accelerating too fast - What a pile of nonsense these pigs can deal!

I was taught to accelerate quite quickly when learning to drive in a 1.9D Clio. Maybe my old instructor is driving a 182 now!!

Clio

nope never had a warning or telling of the first time i got pulled i got 3 points the second time 6 points

my uncle got done in his civic type r and the only thing the copper said before aresting him was

Can u tell me why u feel it nessisery to do 116 mph down the motorway sir ?

and he replied with ITS A CIVIC TYPE R

On accelerating away from lights .... near the Guildford cruise where the speed limit is 40 I set my limiter to 45. That way I can boot it for acceleration but the car doesnt go above about 40. :p

once had a small altercation with a police xjs on the m4 near windsor! was heading for pembrey race circuit, and was in a hurry(cos i was l8),and the nice police man just waved his finger at me b4 disapearing into the distance! i was in a 470bhp audi quattro at the time,and wasnt hanging about, next thing i know, this xjs pulls up along side of me, he looks over and as i said, shakes a finger at me! i slowed down till i reached wales after that!

I got pulled over doing 85mph on the motorway, the officer was really decent about it and let me off with a warning and a pink slip.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

I had a copper in a van pull me over in my old car, I performed a U turn at a set of traffic lights near the City of Manchester stadium. He said that it was a no U-turn zone, and I replied that there was no signs (I was correct in this statement), he drove off...I wouldnt mind, but one of his headlights were out!!!! (Shouldnt you check your car before setting off???) ;)

Clio Sport 172

i got let off speeding without a seatbelt with my fogs on back in my boyracer years (last year) not even a 7 day wonder :eek:

Corsa 2.0 16v baby

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 25 May 2004

a good interesting post this, shame it aint in driving tales as it would increase the quality of some of the posts.

LOL no what u mean is if it was in driving tales people would be kickin off tellin him it never happened and wot a nob he is for even thinkin it :cry:

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by Dink16v on 25 May 2004

i did race a cop car down a 70 road to 70 and he just asked me what the speed limit was so i told him and they drove off:D
haha- Mr cheeky!

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Once got pulled doing 90 on a dual, pulled me over, had a little talk checked tax etc then let me off:cool:

Doing those kinda speeds in a 30 or 40 zone is bang out of order, as tempting as it is on a quiet bit of road u just can not anticipate what others (eg kids and other drivers) are gonna do, ive done it in the past and Im not proud of myself, but it only takes one scare to slow u down..

but the accelerating to fast?! Never thought that was against the law, and it can only take a few seconds to get to 30 or 40 anyway so what’s the problem?

190 BHP Willy 2

Im sorry but excessive speed like 50 + in a 30 and they should throw the book at you. As for 80 in a 30 theres absolutely no excuse for that, You should of had your licence taken away from you on the spot.

I dont particulary like the police so dont think im sticking up for them, BUT, what would you do if a kid rode out on his bike from two parked cars like happened to me. I hit him but luckily was only doing about 25. He was 5 yrs old, he spent a night in hospital and luckily only had cuts and bruises. The police said there and then it wasnt my fault, and so did the lads mum. Didnt make me feel any better though. So how would you feel if you was in my position but you hit him at 80? Youd never be able to forgive yourself. Youd have plenty of time to reflect upon what youd done while you was being someones b**ch inside.

Scott

Did a speed awareness course in Northants for doing 37 in a 30, still had to pay £60 but got no points.

Been pulled at 125 on a dually by an off duty firearms cop who didnt really have the right to pull me anyway - he let me off (cause he couldnt have done anything anyway.

Also pulled for doing 110 and varying excessive speeds below that on another dually (He was chasing me....whereas I thought he was racing...Doh!) - sort of let off by recieving 3 points and £60 fine because he put me down for 95mph instead of 110 for which it would have been a ban!

Other than that im very safe ;) and rarely go above 30 and 40 limits because of the danger to pedestrians and more likely to get pulled in those areas IMO.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

One night showing off to a mate in the Cup ragging it through town end of 2nd gear - end of 3rd... not my wisest move ever :cry:.

Smoking it from junctions and racing around like a tit...

Got pulled by a police riot van. Took my keys off me... its that moment where your faced with another person, another guy and his face just makes you think.

Got to sit in riot van whilst they did a drugs check of my car, and got a the biggest bollocking of my life and i really deserved it. I drove like an absolute dick and I should have got my licence taken awya. Moment of madness. I am now ALOT safer and take it really easy.

Si.

P

peterh2

I wont say what I think about the t**ser of a policeman that gave me 3 points for doing 76mph on a dual at 4am then... I mean honestly WTF was the point???
I was very polite to him etc but he seemed intent on booking me.

Not really a story about being pulled, but what was said about accelerating too quickley, was comming back from Civentry, merrily doing 80-85, at 1am, empty roads, pulls up behind this 4x4 wiht markings on the back nothing saying police or anything, follow him along doing 70/75. Get to the next island (where its lit) and see he has a blue light on top, he goes one way and i got the other, just see in my mirror him quicley pull a U turn in the road and follow me. Go inot a 30, and so sit dead on the 30, he follows me through, and so just before the end of the 30 i drop it donw to 2nd, still doing 30, then as soon as i pass inot the 60, boot it up to 60, and sit at 60. After a while he gets bored and turns off.

BMW 320d Sport

Hmmmm...Im more inclined to believe that if a copper lets you off with something its because they dont have sufficient evidence to make a prosecution stick and like to make out like theyre doing you a favour. Ive never known any policeman to go easy on me unless they didnt have a decent case. e.g. just got stopped recently on a dual carriageway but I certainly wasnt given a warning and sent on my way. I wasnt rude or anything, just calm and polite the whole way through, didnt admit to anything though, and I was simply told I would be prosecuted and to wait for the court summons. Nothings arrived yet, but if they dont want to give me the benefit of the doubt for once, I certainly wont believe that they are naturally kind-hearted and let people off with a warning.

GTiR 394bhp

Quote: Originally posted by matt the cat on 25 May 2004

no they are not nice. to convict you of speeding they need video evidence or 2 in the car.

prob why he let u off.
Only has to be one in the car.A police officer is classed as a professional witness.