ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Polished inlets - No longer as shiny?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Hi guys,

My polished inlets are now looking nowhere near as shiny as they used to. The metals gone very flat and nowhere near as chrome like as it used to be. Parts are starting to look oxidised as well.

I dont have access to a machine polisher so ideally i could do with a recomendation for a product to bring them back to their former glory.

Thanks,

Russ

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I used autosl on mine to bring the shine back, then Megs metal polish to protect it.

Expect sore fingers though!! lol!

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Ive got some autosol, but pretty sure it says its not to be used on polished metals?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Your right, that makes no sense what so ever. Ill go and dig it out and give it ago lol

my engine bay with the use of autosol as mentioned
DSC00866.jpg

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Just been and dug the autosol out. it ways not to be used on mirror finishes, so there was something in what i remembered lol.

I?ve just been out and given one of the cylinders a quick rub over with autosol and the difference is night and day tbh.

What would be the best tool to use to apply autosol other than by hand?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
^ Looks really good.

I want to get my engine mount polished but tbh its beyond my mechanical ability to remove it i expect

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm with Daniel on Autosol then Megs Metal Polish as 2 easy to come by Products.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Bought a fresh tube of autosol today as i used all yesterday cleaning the inlets up, also got a tub of megs metal polish and must say theyre looking pretty good so far.

Next step will be remove the inlets and nitromorse around the Renault sport writing as the previous owner of the inlets has painted all that area.

Do you have a guide for removing the mount Daniel?