ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

polishing engine

clio172 cup
im looking into polishing me engine like the one in the pic can anyone tell me how to go about this or were i can get in down in the surrey/ hampshire area.

polishedengineparts.gif

Chocolate Bar™
yellow pages - machine polishers. then just take your car down and see how much they want. i paid £80 to have my three components polished like the above picture.

obviously the only downside without buying spares is the downtime whilst it gets polished which is about a day-2 depending on how much time they can spend on it at a go.

Chocolate Bar™
i give mine an autosol / megs metal polish every month just to keep it from pitting, and just before a show. guessing it may go to every fortnight/weekly when the gritter trucks come out. but it only takes 10mins max to give it a going over

1.8 Civic EX
hello...

Theres a place in carshalton...I may be taking mine there soon (done mine by hand) but it's just not coming up with "that" finish if you know what I mean....

can kinda see it in this pic..

P9020121.jpg

Where about do you live by the way as I'm the Area Rep for Surrey/West Sussex...

Lionel Richie
only problem with polishing them up like that is they get hotter (ok not by much, but still a hotter inlet = bad)

P

phill172

getting someone to do it??? its all about the 80,160,etc etc grade sand paper and a hell of alot of autosol!