ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

POLL: ESP On or Off / 182

2012 WRX Waggon

Off on wet roundabouts coming home off 2-10 when its dead.

On the rest of the time, cos I aint a pro rally driver.

TDI tyre shreader

i never really turn mine off, but i did the other day when i was really pissed off and wanted to smoke some yokos, i sware my car felt faster through the gears with it off!!

Ok i feel really dumb now, I swear that when i push the ESP button and the orange light comes on, the ESP is enabled, when i pull away fairly quickly withouht the light on i get wheel spin, with the light on i dont. So this has kinda confused me?? Guess ive been driving round with it off this whole time thinking its on when its not. lol what a dumb ass! :oops:On the positive side i guess this means i can handle the car well without ESP

Quote: Originally posted by Jay_182 on 18 April 2005
Ok i feel really dumb now, I swear that when i push the ESP button and the orange light comes on, the ESP is enabled, when i pull away fairly quickly withouht the light on i get wheel spin, with the light on i dont. So this has kinda confused me?? Guess ive been driving round with it off this whole time thinking its on when its not. lol what a dumb ass! :oops:On the positive side i guess this means i can handle the car well without ESP

Im in the same boat! Ok stick with me on this......... So when the orange ESP light is off the ESP is on and when the orange ESP light is on the ESP is off?

Basically when u start your car ESP & Traction Control are always ON. (the light is off)

Now when u do something that causes the system to "kick in" the light will briefly flicker on for as long as the system is cutting power (usually 1-3 secs).

This being the case, u shoudlnt really get wheelspin (i dont). The only time i do get wheelspin is when I press the button (thus disabling traction control).

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

I too thought that orange light meant ON. I was just about to post asking how you keep it on without having to press it every time you get in the car! :oops:

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower

I drive a Mk1 172. A proper drivers cars....

No girly toys for me

( like to be a bit controversial ! )

Ziel Nurburgring

The light is a warning to say Fuk up and im not saving your ass

However, light off (ESP on) means ill let you have some fun, but at the first sign you cant drive me properly im taking control again. TBH its like have an instructor with dual controls

Turn it off!