ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poll - who own’s your Clio

Quote: Originally posted by Swervin_Mervin on 22 June 2005
What do you lot do to be able to afford new cars without finance or loans?

you see if you use a loan to pay for the car YOU own the car not the finance company ;)

if you get finance to buy the car tho the finace company own the car

one is a secured loan the other isnt

The Jinx

Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 22 June 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Swervin_Mervin on 22 June 2005What do you lot do to be able to afford new cars without finance or loans?

you see if you use a loan to pay for the car YOU own the car not the finance company ;)

if you get finance to buy the car tho the finace company own the car

one is a secured loan the other isnt

Yeah I know that. But some are banging on about paying cash like they had it going spare. Im surprised more of you dont have finance though.

Me, I thought it wasnt going to be for long but the Seat dealer dont seam to want to sell me a car, maybe Im just too common to own one. :cry:

finance, which is great as once paid 51% its going back, so depreciation or wear & tear isnt an issue.. i consider it as a lease car really.... if its worth more than wot i owe at trade in time then ill try & sell it private.. cant really lose.....

CTR

35% me, 65% Renault Finance.

IIRC I have to start paying for it tomorrow..... Hoping that the Renault finance monkeys are as f*ckwitted as some of their other employees and have forgotten to set up the standing order in my account.....

ST

Quote: Originally posted by admob on 22 June 2005

finance, which is great as once paid 51% its going back, so depreciation or wear & tear isnt an issue.. i consider it as a lease car really.... if its worth more than wot i owe at trade in time then ill try & sell it private.. cant really lose.....
What kind of finance deal did you get mate? I.e interest, how long is the term and with what company?

CTR

Quote: Originally posted by admob on 22 June 2005

Do many people have this kind of agreement? Honda tried to sell me this kind of deal when I was considering a CTR before buying the 182. As the car depreciates fastest in the first couple of years, cant the running costs be as high then as they are when its a bit older and has higher servicing costs, and hence leave you out of pocket and car-less at the end?

Guess it must be pretty good if you can pick up a 6 or 12 month old car on that sort of agreement though, as the first owner will have taken the biggest depreciation hit.

Astra SH 1.6 SXi

Im the registered owner of my car...but Bank Of Dad switched it at a local Dealer. Was a present for my 21st-Spoilt Brat, although it was 2nd hand
GAZ

tiTTy & SV650

Finance company does still - £5250 paid.

In 4 months Ill have paid more than 50% but I doubt Ill be changing.

Im in the minority itd seem - all you rich gits!

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR

finance only a year in so havent paid jack really i think i prob own just passed the bonnet now or four wheels i cant decide

[Edited by Brooky182 on 22 June 2005 at 9:17pm]

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by rory182 on 22 June 2005

Finance company does still - £5250 paid.
In 4 months Ill have paid more than 50% but I doubt Ill be changing.

Im in the minority itd seem - all you rich gits!
Ahh I havent paid for mine yet either, got a bigole loan for it :)