ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poly Windows how to keep clean ?

Clio 220 PH2
Hi all,
I was just wondering what people recommend to keep poly windows clean without scratching them. I know with these windows even if you look at them they scratch but just a spray to keep them clean with the least impact on the window. Also what micro-fibre cloth would you get as well, softer the better I have heard
Thanks everyone
Ben

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
Look up VuPlex. It's awesome stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evo 5 RS
Just be prepared for them to scratch if they're not hard coated, and even then, they'll scratch. PolyCarbs aren't for the cleaning type.

Clio 220 PH2
Just be prepared for them to scratch if they're not hard coated, and even then, they'll scratch. PolyCarbs aren't for the cleaning type.
Yeah I know they will scratch its just putting a cleaning product on them that will allow me to see out of them. Also if I just wash with water it will leave water marks and they bug me lol.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Yeah I know they will scratch its just putting a cleaning product on them that will allow me to see out of them. Also if I just wash with water it will leave water marks and they bug me lol.

If think carefully coating them with something like c5 (I think that's the gtechnique glass treatment) then keeping on top of them with a citrus pre wash will be best for you.

Get them treated with something long lasting and hydrophobic. Then clean them with a contactless wash. (Citrus power then pressure wash)

Clio 220 PH2
If think carefully coating them with something like c5 (I think that's the gtechnique glass treatment) then keeping on top of them with a citrus pre wash will be best for you.

Get them treated with something long lasting and hydrophobic. Then clean them with a contactless wash. (Citrus power then pressure wash)
Thank you very much I shall look into it, do you know of a good place to buy it from or any place on the web
Thank you
Ben

Clio 220 PH2
I just polish mine with normal car polish everytime I wash it. Yes they do scratch, but if you are careful enough they'll be fine.
O right that's sweet cheers mate. Yeah I mean I had to do some cutting of my fibre glass doors dust everywhere and lightly cleaned them and they started to have very fine scratches but nothing serious but you have to be so careful but I shall have a play with that mate I have plenty of polish :) thank you

Fat914

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Cup, & 197 f1
We've had polycarbonate Windows on several competition cars, and as I ru a valeting business which sponsors the motorsport the cars have to look prestine at the start of an event.
We have found the only product that really works is meguires plastx. Used correctly you can remove 90% of scratches. It's available from the Internet, as for microfibres cloths, autoglyms grey microfibres is one of the softest and hard wearing available.its also worth using autoglyms applicator sponges to apply the plastx. Keep it clean, wash and keep in water when not in use. Cheers phil

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 54
  Clio 220 PH2
We've had polycarbonate Windows on several competition cars, and as I ru a valeting business which sponsors the motorsport the cars have to look prestine at the start of an event.
We have found the only product that really works is meguires plastx. Used correctly you can remove 90% of scratches. It's available from the Internet, as for microfibres cloths, autoglyms grey microfibres is one of the softest and hard wearing available.its also worth using autoglyms applicator sponges to apply the plastx. Keep it clean, wash and keep in water when not in use. Cheers phil
Cheers mate thank you very much I shall have a look into this will anyone that sell meguires range will they sell it (halfords) ? Thank you again