ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Polycarbonate Windows To A Roadcar?

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
As the title says really,bought a set of door and quarter windows for the clio 172 and was wondering if they infringe the mot or are illegal for my roadcar.They are MSA approved type with the sliding window.....if they are illegal they will be up for sale soon.

Clio 172 phase 1
I'm sure there perfectly legal however the fronts are probably massivly impractical and going to
to be very hot in the summer

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
I have air conditioning so no probs with that and wouldnt they look great.....something different,and they weigh half as much as glass....quicker car?

Absolutely no point on a road car in my opinion. Only worth saving that weight if you have a serious stripped out track car where every little counts.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Just seems silly on a road car.

PS no point saving a measly amount of weight to then need the aircon on all the time ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
They are also mega difficult to clean without scratching them. Fine on a race / track car that gets washed 3 times a year but it will look like your bathroom window in no time if you're a keen car cleaner.

Evo 5 RS
If you want to go on a diet first lose the aircon. Glass doesn't save you much of anything besides the rear screen. Wouldn't have vent ones on a road car tbh.

Clio 172
They are also mega difficult to clean without scratching them. Fine on a race / track car that gets washed 3 times a year but it will look like your bathroom window in no time if you're a keen car cleaner.

I was just gonna say this. Totally impractical and a b*****d to keep scratch free. you wont see nothing through them when the sun shines on them

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
I was just gonna say this. Totally impractical and a b*****d to keep scratch free. you wont see nothing through them when the sun shines on them

​Hadnt actually thought of this....fair point,mind you i did buy them on a whim.....whilst merry on lager...

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Mmmmm it looks like then they will be for sale soon....thought they might look good..

Obviously its entirely up to you mate, most on here would say it's a stupid idea. Doesn't mean you have to listen to us.

If you don't wack them up on here, someone might have them and its free to sell them here, not like ebay with stupid fees.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Cheers for the input guys,am off to work now but i`ll give it some definate thought to wether they are going up for sale or ??.:approve:

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
If you are considering selling them, fire some details over to me when you get chance.

ie: colour tinted?
do they have vents, if so which windows and which style vent?
which windows are included.
does it have the black edging strip, or atleast a paint on kit for DIY use?
does it have a fitting kit?
and finally, the price you have in mind?

​Cheers ;)