ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

popping exhaust

clio 172
i know it sounds chavy but i've got a cat back milltek system if i decat it will it pop on the over-run.

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
I'm not sure if they do pop, i know there is a Pops and Bangs remap you can get. Only way is to try it as all these cars are so different.

BMW E92/Audi S3
Run it on high octane, have the silencer removed, and I still have no clue.

Personally, I think it would do little mild pops, but nothing 'anti-lag' style and no bangs.
One thing is guarantee'd though. You WILL have a very raspy exhaust, which sounds lovely.
But as Mike said above. Try it and find out. What have you got to lose?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Mine pops its head off when the engine is cold. Lift off at 2k revs and it goes crazy :cool:

Doesn't do it when the engine is warm though :(

Clio 172 Cup
Mine does it but it works best when its been run and the lambda sensors cool, if you get in then first 10 mins pops real good like a proper b**ch ;)

Mental 172 Cup
Mine pops its head off when the engine is cold. Lift off at 2k revs and it goes crazy :cool:

Doesn't do it when the engine is warm though :(

+1 to this! i try not to drive it until its a ran for a little bit for fear of replacing my piston rings!

White 172 ITB's
I have a k-tec super sports cat back system, standard cat and ITB's and it pops and bangs all day long:D. Not sure if this is due to the map or the ITB's?

ITB BG 182
I have a milltek with cat and when its cold it pops for the first couple of mins at higher revs, when i kill the cat at the weekend it will pop and bang like nothing also while cold or poppage at higher revs even when warm.
BUT... If you have a decat and remove the silencer aswell so it goes straight through to the back box it will pop all day long and its fairly noisey too.

Coupe/Defender V8
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VKPJIGysjO8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VKPJIGysjO8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
[/YOUTUBE]

Sounds like a tennis ball machine lmao

Fabia vrs tdi
I have a ktec supersports zaust and decat and from cold lift off at 3k Bang Pop Bang but once warmed up it stops but still sounds good on over run and does give an ocassional pop