ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Porsche 964 C4 Widebody

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
From detailing world.... Then read the 2nd thread.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=163359

964_01.jpg

New car in here...

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=268250

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You only say that because you don't need to live with the Porsche. Old Porsches are hard work.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's an everyday supercar. What's not toblike?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Really like that 964, sadly so does everyone else it seems, good ones just seem to keep going up in money, especially the turbos which are the ones I would want.

Far more interesting to me personally than a modern supercar which drives itself, dont get me wrong they are awesome bits of engineering but I just prefer older cars with their faults and rawer nature.

964 looked brilliant, understand the need for something more useable every day, but that should have been a newer 911, not a big TT.

For lap times maybe but judging by the number of gearbox rebuilds etc my mate does on r35 gtrs I would say I'd sooner have the r8 ad a reliable everyday super car if I ever was going to have one.

Funny you say that as my friends GTR has just gone in for a gearbox rebuild.

Anyway Porsche over the R8 everyday, R8 does nothing for me at all.

Turbos.
When done nicely, the 964 looks great, but that isn't one of them IMO. He has tried to modernise it with clear lights and i don't think the Cup splits suit it, especially at stndard ride height.

The R8 is a better car in just about every way; think people are a little rose-tinted with the 964s! Even the RS is slow, hard and a little bit crap, yet they command silly money.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
When done nicely, the 964 looks great, but that isn't one of them IMO. He has tried to modernise it with clear lights and i don't think the Cup splits suit it, especially at stndard ride height.

The R8 is a better car in just about every way; think people are a little rose-tinted with the 964s! Even the RS is slow, hard and a little bit crap, yet they command silly money.

THIS! My old man had one in the 90's, and TBH it wasnt much faster than the "fettled" 944 Turbo he had before it! Did sound good with the Straight through on it mind!

He sold it when I was 16, so I never drove it properly, had a quick spin round in it once (naughty), felt so weird as the pedals where really offset to the centre lol!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Funny you say that as my friends GTR has just gone in for a gearbox rebuild.
The boxes really are litter sadly :(

Shame cause they are Epic cars, and at first glance look cheap compared to their peers but a lot of big bills potentially.

If you were talking about the tt, s3, fabia versus the golf mk4 platform, I'd have no issue. Nor do I have an issue with you taking the Porsche over the Audi as a personal opinion.

But because a car maker owns another brand, and they make two very impressive high performance cars, you can't call one a fake.

That would also make all future Porsches "faux Lambos", would it not?

Or would it make future Lambos a faux Porsche?

At the end of the day, I don't see why you're getting your knickers in a twist over it. It is what it is, a Gallardo chassis.

Vw Audi group owns both. So they'd be faux Audis...

I've already stated I don't have a problem with your opinion. I have a problem with the blasé comment that makes no sense what so ever. And has no relation to the thread.

Good.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
But because a car maker owns another brand, and they make two very impressive high performance cars, you can't call one a fake.
Indeed, Fiat owns ferrari, BMW owns rolls royce etc, thats just how the world is, supercars dont make sense to build on their own.

Just done a quick search and found you are right. Very little I could fis on it though, everything just talks about Porsche buying the Volkswagen shares.

Porsche employees I think, Stu. Future R8s will be using the S-tronic system used in the auto Carreras over the R-tronic failure in the current R8s, or so I've been led to believe. 14,000 miles and the clutch in the R-tronic was starting to go. Not forgetting how many software upgrades the damn things had and it's still "foot-off-changing-jerky"ness!

Vw Audi group owns both. So they'd be faux Audis...

I've already stated I don't have a problem with your opinion. I have a problem with the blasé comment that makes no sense what so ever. And has no relation to the thread.

Good.

Yet you're still on about one lighthearted comment. It really has gotten quite boring now that you couldn't let a flippant comment go. I hope you never get an X-Type and somebody calls it a Mondeo.

Yet you're still on about one lighthearted comment. It really has gotten quite boring now that you couldn't let a flippant comment go. I hope you never get an X-Type and somebody calls it a Mondeo.

I have an S3. People joke about the Golf platform all the time. But you see what you want to see rather than the content in people's posts. Otherwise you might have noticed that point was made a page ago.

Boring because people don't agree with you? Nice.