ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Port forward help please on a TG585 router

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I am having problems with my router and setting the correct ports forward. I am pulling my hair out over it!

I have set up the correct Xbox live ports; 53, 80,88,1863,3074 in the game and application centre. I named the application "Xbox live" and assigned it to the Xbox console with a fixed IP address.

No matter what i do i can not get the ports to open, I have tried all sorts and although the ports are assigned to the Xbox to be open they just will not open. I have used the port forward checker and all i get once ive tested them is this;

IP address; **********************
Ping result; we were not able to ping your router!
Port result; your port is not open or not reachable!

How can I get the ports open and to stay open?

This is of interest to me too. My ports are open and NAT is fine etc, but whenever I play Battlefield when Christopher is on, I just cant join his lobby. Anyone else it's fine. Just him.
Weird, because when we used to play Blops together, it was fine.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I've got the same router (aka O2 Wireless Box II) and the port forwarding works ok for me, no issues with XBox Live since I did it

Could be a faulty router?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Possibly. Someone from plusnet reckons they come with the ports already forwarded and another plusnet employee told me that they didn't and it's a ball ache to set up and to get working correctly.

I seem to be gettin told a different tale everytime I speak to someone about it.